Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Charity Winter Upgrade - PWLP

The Comp Sec

I am organising a winter upgrade programe for everyone to improve their times next year.

Weight Loss its the BIG ONE we all try to achieve but probably due to lack of motivation fail to get there.

Having seen the size of some competitors additional ballast this year it would seem that the cheapest upgrade will be Personal Weight Loss Programme. (PWLP).

At this years awards at Gaydon an official weigh in will take place. It is free to enter but if you lose in weight someone else will have to contribute to NTL.

eg Simon, SatNav and others all enter the PWLP. All entrants names are put into my Mortar Board. Pairs will be drawn. Simon draws SatNav. So for every pound in weight SatNav loses Simon has to contribute £1 to NTL and vice versa.

The official end of the upgrade period will be the first event of the season.

The Upgrade is open to all including those not attending the Awards. However I will require an official Blatchat weight posted here by Thursday 8th November.

If you are shy or are endevouring to hide your blushes you may email the Comp Sec with your weight.

Those not attending will need to be truthful with your weights as we will be monitoring your speed trap and 64' times next year so as to calculate weight corrected times.

An indication of your entry would be appreciated so as to assist the logging of all data.

First name on the list is that of our very own Comp Sec Mr Durrant as he has just emailed me indicating his interest as I write 😬

Great idea, I shall eat as much as possible between now and the awards lunch oh and I presume the weigh in is AFTER lunch.

I can then use the few months after that to get back to my flat floor weight.

Neil aka "Lardy boy"

PS one thing that puzzles me is - how come I lost weight during last season, despite the prodigious quantities of sausage sarnies consumed

Having seen the size of some competitors additional ballast

Gosh its a good job I stayed away or I might have been cited as an example *wink*

'Can you hear me running' ......... OH YES and its music to my ears 😬 😬 😬

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BD? engineered by Roger King, on Weber's with Brooklands and Clamshell wings, Freestyle Motorsport suspension.

😬

I need a 'weight on' partner - I daren't go any faster up Loton Hill cos it feels like I'm about to take off!! *eek* *tongue*

Roland will be looking for a partner *wavey* ... although he doesn't actually know that yet *wink* *smile*

Ok as "I need a 'weight on' partner" I am willing to sit in the passenger seat with WindyCat Loton Hill at err me currently 20 stone *smokin*

That should keep the back down much more traction *thumbup*

Or are you going to say I lied, err it was a joke err what err did I type that err *redface* *eek*

'Can you hear me running' ......... OH YES and its music to my ears 😬 😬 😬

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BD? engineered by Roger King, on Weber's with Brooklands and Clamshell wings, Freestyle Motorsport suspension.