Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

1800k for upgrade

Tim V-W

Tim,

I'm in the same situation!

I've followed a few on e bay. There seems to be plenty about but reading the feedback from some of the brakers advertising on e bay makes me dubious. You also seem to pay a premium price for a whole engine which includes a lot of bits you don't need.

A recent 'new' Elise engine didn't reach its reserve at £760! I recon you could buy & recon an older block for less.

The trouble with local breakers is trying to assertain the condition & milage when most later cars have electronic odometers.

My original aim was to pick up a cheap block and swap the bits from my 1400kss, but I think I have a slightly older head that's not quite as good as the later EU2 ones.

If I can't get hold of what I want, my next step will be to ring DVA because at least you know your going to get something good. I'll have to cut up my credit card first to avoid temptation though!

Bruce.

I have a 1.8K sat in the back of my garage. It's done approx 28k miles and came out of a lotus elise, complete with the injection system, alternator, coil, clutch etc. Was in perfect running order, only removed due to Audi conversion.

If interested give me a bell on 01544 230124 eves would be looking for £295

Phil

• Leadership Team

Phil/Tim - contact me if you need a GONADS? I should be heading towards Warwick (ish) within the next month (hopefully!). As long as one of you will lift it into a 5-Series boot and the other will take it out (and it doesn't pi$$ fluids out on it's side!) 😬

Stu.

www.superse7ens.co.uk..........the rebuild 😬

Tim,

Well done in aquiring what sounds like an ideal engine *thumbup*

Let me know if you find any more!

If you search about a month back, someone gave me a really good link to a website desribing a 1400cc to 1800cc conversion.

Good luck, let us know how it's getting on. I'm sure there are lots of people (including me) who would like to do the same.

Bruce.

Bruce.

Bruce

Thanks; it appears that actually securing an engine is a trigger for 'what if' syndrome. I have already spoken to Oily about sensible things to do at the same time (forged pistons, head porting, Appollo or DS) and have put an add in the wanted section for a lightweight flywheel *eek*

I am aiming to build a reliable 160ish bhp engine that has reasonable low speed manners and doesn't overheat and is trackday noise friendly. 😬 I will endevour to keep a diary of the build to add to the various good ones that are around already.

Tim

N432FLR with new wheels :) here