Click here if you are having website access problems ×

So what did you all think about this years regs

Bilbo

Martin,

well not the ONLY reason... *tongue* *tongue* *tongue* But it is a good excuse... 😬 😬 I do know that I was considerably quicker to 64' last year (my novice year) with 50bhp less and less sticky tyres, so more is not ALWAYS better...

Back on-topic. I thought the chagnes for this year were very good. Class 4 has had low entrants but we sort of knew that. Hopefully people will start joining class 4 more next year.. Martin and I need some more people to beat! 😬 😬 (or more likely for me lose to!)

Rolls On The Floor Laughing My Ar8e Off.
Thanks for clearing that one up *thumbup*

Anyway as for the regs I think it worked very well this year and look foward to the changes encourages more into class 4 next year. The only slight nagging I have is the policing of the power limits but I guess thats a discussion for another time.

ACB10s.......

OK so I'm a "big baby", but the Kumho's are just as good so why do we need to ban ACB10's? It's a real PITA to change camber for my trackday set up (x-ply slicks) and sprints (radial Kumho's). The extra cost is worth it to me to avoid the hassle of changing camber on all four corners between each trackday and sprint. It is putting me off doing more sprinting.

The ban has made it clear that there are cheaper options that are just as good which is good to know, but now that we've ascertained that, can we allow ACB10's again?

Edited by - Alex Wong on 22 Oct 2007 12:34:36

allowing acb10's put newcomers off entering

But I dont think it will anymore, as we all know Toyo's and Kumho's are as good (I think the Kumho's may even be better) for a fraction of the cost. It would only put people off if ACBs were clearly better.

PS, I'm trying hard not to sound like I'm complaining. If I was a regular competitor, I'd feel within my rights but as a one event a year sprinter, maybe I should keep my opinions to myself!! 😬

Edited by - Alex Wong on 22 Oct 2007 17:16:00

My only suggestion wouild be to leave the regs as is to get some stability and encourage fresh blood with PR and nice reports (as seen) *thumbup*,maybe consider reducing the number of rounds and possibly having a core championship of club events again which could carry extra points to reduce the diluted entries and profitability concerns seen this season. Back to basics as it were ?.

here is C7 TOP

Taffia rear gunner

Despite being a little low on power with only a 100bhp I was pretty happy with Class 1 - though as RichardO suggested a long time ago, can we consider wacky racer style telescopic timing struts to help my chances next year 😬

I only manageged two Sprint/Hill Climb events because of illness - the intention is to enter quite a few more events next year, how may other potential Class 1 people will there be? *wavey*

Edited by - Al on 23 Oct 2007 21:50:59

Edited by - Al on 23 Oct 2007 21:52:52

Al

how may other potential Class 1 people will there be?

I’m a potential for class 1 next year. Repeated cajoling from Neil1202 has convinced me that I want to, no, need to sprint next season. SWMBO is far from happy though based upon my grass cutting exercise @ Curbs last year.

Interesting to read this thread from this time last year - Why do you not take part in the club sprints??

Steve - Orange and Black ex Academy

Blokko

Repeated cajoling from Neil1202

Well you looked like you needed some encouragement 😬

You certainly need some more practice at Curborough 😳 😬

Interesting to read the other thread one year on having gone from prospective to veteran (of 1 year)

R287 Mobile Jaffa Cake- It's black at both ends with a smashing orangey bit in the middle here