Click here if you are having website access problems ×

I'm vay excited ...

Don

Oooh how cool - initially we wanted an old one to keep and run around in Devon, then I thought I'd want to use it at home too which meant we needed something younger that could do trip on a regular basis if necessary.

... but not too young - I don't like the forward facing back seats in the new model *nono* *thumbdown*

Oops! I don't think I congratulated you on your new arrival *thumbup* *wavey*

Edited by - WindyCat on 16 Oct 2007 18:37:49

Well I don't think the Queen would burst into tears in a Vets reception!! 😳

Earlier, when I clipped Monty's lead back on him, I saw that his right eye was shut and it looked like the other one was struggling to focus *eek* ... you would think, me, being a mother of two, that some calm would prevail in such a situation, but no, nothing short of mad panic overwelmed me as I raced him to the nearest vet. I scooped him out of the car ( by now also convinced he'd become a bit floppy *rolleyes*) and ran in presenting the receptionist with a muddy puppy and an explanation of his condition made incoherent with wails and sobs *redface* *redface*

A cup of sweet tea, a local anesthetic and a shot of painkiller later ( and that was just for me!! *tongue* 😬) and his eye's back open, we have some drops and I have a follow up appt tomorrow ... phewwwww *thumbup*

He's *thumbup* thanks Mrs GTD ... embarrassingly well actually!! *redface*

However the vet assured me that my ...er ... precautionary action yesterday was justified as it could have been far more serious ... hmmm he would say that, now he's £50 better off!!

Don't be *redface*! It was only a couple of months ago I did exactly the same thing with Charlie-Fat-Cat, who was 'a bit lethargic'; £115 and one emergency vet later it turned out he had a bit of a virus *rolleyes* When Georgie-Porgie-Cat (are you spotting a theme here?) was a bit lethargic a few days later he got to wait to see the bog standard 9-5 vet 😬

Glad all's well *thumbup*

ex-Lady of Leisure