Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Land Rover Defender Td5 (Still Available)

Mike C.

UPDATE SUN 20 JAN: My new Defender has arrived at the dealership. The Td5 had been sold to a fellow Blatchatter, but he can't now go ahead with the purchase. So, for the next few days it is available for just over the trade-in price.

............................................................................................................................................................................................................

Everyone should have a Defender - it's the World's Best Car (they said so on Top Gear a couple of years back *wink*)

They are brilliant vehicles and we're on our fourth. However, I am planning to buy a new one, so before we part exchange it, I thought I'd mention it on here.

Afterall, if you love Caterhams, you'll adore a proper Landy 😬.

* Defender 90 Td5 County Hard Top

* 2002 'Facelift' model (1st Reg 10/01)

* Coniston Green/White Roof and Wheels/Grey Techno Trim ('classic' LR colours)

* One Owner (ordered from LR by us)

* Full Land Rover Service History

* 64,000 miles (used daily on road)

* Excellent condition throughout (no accidents, very clean, just a faint patina of use)

* Spec Includes:

- Electric Windows

- Remote Central Locking

- Four Seats (3 in the front + 1 folding seat in the rear)

- Tow Pack with Electrics

- Side and Rear Steps

- Chequer Plate on Front Wings

- Front Light Protectors

- Seat Covers

- LR Fire Extinguisher

- Rear Work Light

- BF Goodrich All Terrain Tyres (half worn)

It has just had its full annual Land Rover service, a brand new MOT, 6 months tax, and it is running perfectly.

These later Defenders are brilliant - easy to drive, good, lively performance, nice handling (better than most 4x4s) and pretty comfortable. Best thing is their tough, practical, go anywhere abilitiy.

Price: £7,350 + vat (£8,650).

(Photos on PH Classified LR Defender Ad)

Mad Manx

Edited by - Mike C. on 20 Jan 2008 11:43:04

This is quite normal with the Defender Hard Top - it is vat qualifying and we have a vat registered farm.

Anyone vat registered can reclaim the vat.

Call it £9,000 if you can't *wink*

Mad Manx

Edited by - Mike C. on 15 Oct 2007 20:48:35

Edited by - Mike C. on 7 Jan 2008 23:35:07

• 2 months later...

OK. The new one is now being built and is due to arrive later this month.

This means that the Td5 is available for sale.

The price is £8,990inc vat.

(LR dealer says trade value is £8,500 and retail value is £10,500 inc vat. VAT is recoverable for business purchases, so the net price is £7,650)

Drop me a blatmail and I'll forward some pictures.

It cruises comfortably on the motorway at 70. Obviously, not its preferred environment, but others will confirm that the latest Td5s are surprisingly good under most conditions.

Mad Manx

If you want more power read last months LRO mag as they've tweeked the engine and got 200 BHP out of it 😬 to enter drifting competitions....yep I did say DRIFTING. Just imagine the scene.

Loud expensive Jap car drifting away.

enters black commercial SWB land Rover looking completly standard inc thin farmer style wheels/tyres and wins 😬 *eek* 😬

Imaging the faces of the Jap car owner who spent £ks *eek* and getting wipped by a Land Rover who probably only spent a couple of £k.

Have a BTTT on me *thumbup*

White road legal 2.0 HPC VX race car 😬

Which reminds me of my blast up RAF Honington airstrip at their charity day last year.

My measerly (miserly *confused* *tongue*) tuned 155bhp TD5 astonished many, especially the LR familiar squaddies, as it roared up the runway to record at speed of 94 mph at the clock. I'm sure it would have done the ton had they not left such a long wind down length .. I could afterall take to the grass at the end if required 😬.

However, I failed to whip the Japs as the very next car to run was an alleged 800bhp Skyliner that recorded a speed of 189mph

Anyway, to justify my posting on here ...

It cruises comfortably on the motorway at 70. Obviously, not its preferred environment, but others will confirm that the latest Td5s are surprisingly good under most conditions.
I will happily confirm this to be true, in unchipped form. They handle surprisingly well too and can be hurried through the corners should you have the desire .. just have thought for the dog in the back as the vehicle rolls round the S bends *tongue*

Keep off the straight and narrow *tongue* 😬

Boy, these Defenders sure seem to be cheaper in the UK. Over here in Finland they're asking ridiculous prices for second-hand Defenders. OK, I realise they are durable cars, and I'd love one, but still ...

---

Kristoffer Lawson