Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Trek hybrid bike

Gambo

Bikes do suffer very bad first year depreciation. £350 is a lot for a secondhand bike, bear in mind this year's models are sold off in January and you can get a new one very cheap.

I just got a 2006 Kona Kula (800-900 new) for £250.

I would be thinking of asking no more than 2/3 new price if it were mine - sorry. Better to wear it out for a few years then at least you can sell it for the same or only slightly less. I was offered £100 tradein on my old (£400 new) MTB about 8 years ago. It has since done about 4 or 5 years of commuting, thousands of miles, handed me the odd bill and is still worth £50+ of anyone's money.

Oh, and try ebay for similar items as a guide. *smile* Someone out there wants your bike, get the price right and everyone can be happy. *smile*

Evans have the 2007 7.6 at £550 new so 300-350 for a nearly new bike isn't a bad price. 100 miles is nothing assuming it's not damaged. After all I can clock up 100 miles in a week of commuting and popping out to see friends in the evening. *biggrin*

Cheers BOSS. TBH I bought it a s a hack for getting to and from work and training on. Poping to shops etc. But in the end I just rather ride my Madone to work or my MTB to the shops. So it just sits hanging on the wall.

RED 2.0 HPC 230BHP *thumbup* *smile* here

Jack B, my Kona is ex-hire, hence the price. It's been well used but it's still in good order. I can expect service items like chain, sprockets, and brakes to need changing this year (so what, they would on a new bike if I used it) and things like hubs, freewheels and the bottom bracket will wear out in the next couple of years if I use it in the winter, as the original components aren't exactly great. Let's be honest though, I have saved £500+ so I can afford to replace worn out bits and touch up the odd scratch. It's a MTB, they get scratched. *smile*

I can give you details of the hire shop in Spain if you like, he might be prepared to ship it. *smile*