Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Heater wanted for YBNS car - HAD TO BUY ONE FROM CC

oldbutnotslow

YBNS needs a heater for his new car. I dont have one to donate otherwise he would have had it by now.

Yes he is alreadying eying up things that he can possibly borrow from my car!

'

I believe that there are 2 types the later fresh air version being I am told the better.

Hopwever it will all depend on cost as he has mortgaged his soul to buy the car it needs to be cheap!!!!

Grant Taylor - OBNS Motorsport

😬 1.6K with 183 BHP of Black and 'Stone Chip' excitement. 😬

Edited by - oldbutnotslow on 21 Nov 2007 23:11:14

It does indeed!

Just have no idea where it is...I think it is up at Tessa's parents place in Northants - Tessa is going up there tomorrow (half term) so she can check.

If it it there, then you may have it. Some of the plastic shroud is cracked, but actually nothing that affects it working.

The newest one is an improvement in some ways (with a few dodgy bits) but the 'old' one still pumps out the heat with no problems.

Just to confirm - my 'old' one is NOT the flat metal version found on older cars, but the square-ish one that draws air through an air vent in the bonnet.

*smile*

www.mycaterham.com

here

Videos

here

101,000 miles car

• 4 weeks later...

Well the problem is more with the windows misting up because its so damp with the hood on than him being cold. After all he is 22 and walks around in a T shirt when I have themals on!

Water seems to be getting all over the place. We have sealed up some of the holes but clearly we havent got them all.

The hood leaks along the stitched seams that run from front to back this despite having put tent seam sealer along the inside. Admittedly it is better.

The heater is more to try to get some warmth inside in an effort to dry out the inside.

Just ordered one from CC - Bloomin expensive!!

Grant Taylor - OBNS Motorsport

😬 1.6K with 183 BHP of Black and 'Stone Chip' excitement. 😬

Edited by - oldbutnotslow on 21 Nov 2007 23:12:25