Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Blats/Meetings

6speedmanual

Maybe start a new section specific to organising blats/informal meet-ups/Area meetings etc......?

Would save threads regarding the logistics for the blats getting swamped by the ChitChat.

As many blat dates are originally mooted may days or weeks in advance, they would be more accessible if grouped together.

P

6SpeedManual *smokin*

*tongue*There's no such thing as too much BHP per Ton 😬

Hi Mav

Thanks for the links.

That's not really where I was coming from.

What I mean is for a section for all the threads about who is meeting up in which carpark/layby/petrol station at what time and what routes to follow, etc......

This would make it far more accessible. If for eg someone want to go on an ad hoc blat one sunday am there is place to look to see what's happening.

🤔

6SpeedManual *smokin*

*tongue*There's no such thing as too much BHP per Ton 😬

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with 6SM. The problem is that either:

1) events are organised in advance and drop off the Chitchat pages too quickly, leads to:

2) people just wanting to see updates on one event but having to trawl through the pages to find the thread

3) with the volume of stuff on chitchat, people sometimes miss a thread on a blat/event and then start another one so you end up with 2 threads on the same thing.

Just my 2p worth. Keep up the good work chaps *wavey*

• Area Representative

I suppose the big problem is that most of our blats are deliberately kept low-key and informal with usually only 4-6 cars on them. We have had some runs with more cars but it can be difficult to keep together. Plus you have the problems of requiring an MSA permit for runs involving more than 12 cars.

Where we have been going to big meet (Stoneleigh / Norfolk / Portmeirion etc.) these have been fully organised with members discussing the route and meeting points several weeks/months in advance.

For our Sunday morning blat, those that come on them know what the usual format is (when we start and where from). Obviously for newcomers this can be likened to breaking into a secret society but they only have to say they are interested at one of the local meets and details of the next meeting will be provided if one's arranged.

We tend to do the Sunday runs though on a spur of the moment with one eye on metcheck.com and then its a quick text round those interested on a Saturday night which can still be cancelled Sunday morning if its tipping down!

Nick

Cheshire & Staffs Joint AO

The BEC has gone - now onto an R400!!