Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Caterham on ebay---Caution

Andy Wiltshire

I though I would make you aware of a Caterham being sold on ebay which is obviously a scam.

Item number: 220156831821 described as a 1998 car.

Showing a cautious interest when it was advertised for sale at £2700!!!! I contacted the seller and, without handing over any details/cash etc, was told that he needed cash urgently, would have the car delivered, I would need to send the money (not via Paypal) and so on and so on..........Yeah Right! Still waiting for him to phone me!

Does anybody know the car B16HJM or the seller Robert Whittle from Morley?

Update;

I have now had this interesting reply;

Unfortunately, I am not able to use the phone, as I'm wearing a hearing device (sound signal amp) as a result of a car crash I've experienced a couple of months ago, so let's keep it this way (contact via e-mail). Email me back with your details to start the transaction.

I might have some fun here.....

I have reported this ebay listing 3 times now to ebay stating that some unsuspecting bod might become the victim of fraud - but it's still on ebay!!! I can only hope eaby have contacted the authorities and some sting operation may be about to occur - in the meantime feel free to have some fun with Mr Morely.

The lead dog always gets the best view.

I have asked him some technical questions to see what his response will be.

For example whether the Nitrons have been fitted from new or since (Nitrons are not fitted as they are Bilsteins), what size the Avon CR500's are (they are not Avon's), etc

Just thought I would ask him some questions that he cannot answer or that he will give me wrong answers and expose himself.

I must admit if someone has reported this to eBay then it's concerning that they have not done anything and some unsuspecting individual may loose their money.

Let's all waste his time with irrelevant questions or perhaps even buy the car and not pay for it !

The fact that it's relisted under another username may indicate that ebay took some punitive action along the lines of 'get this advert off' It's worrying if this is the case because either eBay's initial action or their new user procedure allows the guy to carry on. 😔

Hopefully the fraud squad or similar will get involved, but my bet is the people that need to be dealing with it have so much red tape and bigger cases that this kind of things falls into the 'noise'. *thumbdown*

Darren E

Website and Emerald maps library

Superlight R #54

Edited by - k80rum on 11 Oct 2007 10:40:47

Hold off with the hot Thai brides. I could use them!

Update;

Andy;

Hi,

Sorry if I was sounding cautious but I needed to be sure that you were genuine. It's just that I am getting a loan for the car from my great grandmother and we are pushing her to the bank shortly to get the money arranged. We have to get her medication at the right time otherwise we have problems with her colostomy bag and that wouldn't be good in the bank. I was sorry to hear about your car accident and your hearing problems. I have various problems myself and know how these things can affect you. Is this ok?

Andy

Scammer; ok.I"m genuine

The story goes on.............

I spotted this one the other day and remembered it from ebay a short time ago.

The original ad. said 0 previous owners so I asked this cowboy how many it had had.

Reply 20.

Bet none of you knew that DVLA could do 20 changes in a little over a week,more like 1 change in 20 weeks.

Have asked to view the car with the promise of readies burning a hole in my pocket,dont expect a reply though.

Keep it going.

Tom.

Robert Wittle uses the ebay signature - fboothsonvoicersltd

Which is company in Leeds

F. Booth & Son (Voicers) Ltd.

Organ Pipe Manufacturers & Voicers

Unit 6

Owlcotes Business Centre

Varley Street

Stanningley

Leeds

LS28 6AN

maybe you could ask to view the car there 😬

The lead dog always gets the best view.

Update;

Andy;

Dear Sir.

My name is FiFi and I am Andrews mother. He's asked me to send this message to you urgently as he's in hospital with his great grandmother. They have had a terrible experience.

He was pushing her in her wheelchair to the bank to arrange the money for you and they were attacked by a frisky alpaca that had escaped from a special farm. Andrews great grandmother has suffered serious internal injuries and poor Andrew has been traumatised by it.

Andrew is very apologetic and will try to contact you tonight. He was very worried that you might sell the car to someone else. He has really set his heart on it.

Yours Faithfully,

FiFi Wiltshire

Scammer;

It is all right. The car will be his. Please get him to email me when he is ready to transfer the funds

What!! you mean I wont be able to view it.

I was intending to park it in the house I won last week next to the Fiesta that I also won last week ,that is of course when I return from the holiday that I won this week and all from prize draws that I never entered.

I would have taxed it with some of the money The Nigerian business is going to give me for helping him with his financial problems removing the twelve million(which he even put into figures for me 18million)Dollars from South Africa ,6 million difference easy mistake to make I suppose.

Oh I have just won a set of kitchen utensils.Now that has got to be a scam,who gives away something as valuable as that for nothing !!.

Tom.

k80 rum,tuneful exhaust, brilliant.