Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Help - bleeding brake - ap 4 pot

PAUL MARRIOTT

Help, have fitted the AP 4 Pot brakes, charged up the MC and pressured the easi bleed, I've got fluid to the pipe union on the calipers but nothing out of the bleed nipple???? I've taken the plug out so its nothing that daft.

The bleed nipples are on the bottom is that right??

Any advise welcome.

Paul Marriott

The bleed nipples are on the bottom is that right??

No.

Bleed at the top, there should be two, outside then the inside.

FWIW I don't like Eezibleeds, I reckon that too often you're bleeding with aerated fluid. I've found that the 'tubes with valves on the end' from motoring shops for a few quid work better for solo bleeding.

Paul

Make sure you have fitted the small brass washer between the connector into the calipers and the caliper body. If not then like me when you tighten the connector into the caliper body it can seal the hole !!!

You will *never* bleed successfully with the bleed nipples on the bottom :-)), they *must* face upwards, no amount of pressure will get the air out thru the bottom. I have had sucess bleeding the normal way with the assistance of the Eazibleed, it quite conveniently keeps the fluid level up.

Oily

AHHHH! Mr.W you may well have it, Caterham neglected to send any washers (same as they neglected to send any bolts to fit the calipers to the uprights!!). Barstewards, think I'll sue for loss of time with family, stress and the french lessons I've given my neighbours.

Hope my local brake man can sort me out.

Paul M.

Got the car, but no brakes.

I had an easi bleed thing *explode* in my face, I was leaning over it to find where the air was escaping from. This left me with the dilema of weather to wash the fluid out my eyes or off the paintwork first.

The eyes won as I would not have been able to see the paintwork anyway.

N

I use the ezi-bleed but don't bother putting fluid in the bottle; I just use what's in the MC reservoir. This does mean having to remove the ezi-bleed from the MC reservoir periodically to top it up but there's less mess to clean up and no aggro with aerated fluid.