Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Tyres - the final frontier

Mrs Kipper

Ok, so here goes - head above the parapet, can of worms etc etc

Just spoken to BMTR and they don't have and they don't know if they are going to get any more Stunners (yes, I know this has already been done to death).

So,if we don't have Stunners as the IA tyre of choice, what's it to be for next year???????? Do we wait for the Autosport show in January and do a trawl of all the tyre stands? Or does someone have any inside information on a suitable and affordable alternative?

Or do I buy some Khomo's and go up to class 3 😳 *eek* *nono*

Kipper

Fun is not a straight line.

Well....Mr Cummings seems to be acquiring quite a number of stunners at the moment....he could become the new distributor 😬 😬 😬 For a good price I could take the car out in order to scrub the remaining life out of my old tyres *wink* before he gets them 😳

Now....me and Kipper Jr in class 3...Could be fun 😬 😬 😬 😬

Dannyboy *tongue*

Now Mr Malkin you take great care of that rubber *wink* *wink* *wink* and we want no talk of banning stunners next year.....2009 may be 😬 😬 😬

Just for the record and i know some of you have heard all this before, but Marangoni stopped bringing them in because they had recieved too many complaints from normal road users that they wore out too quickly. Hence you can not get them unless some stockist has got some lying about.

Second choice; well I used Toyo Ti-R's last year after quite some research last winter. They loose out to the stunner when cold but there is not much in it at the end of a long run. Hence Curborough not so good....but you can get them in 14inch, they are less than £50 and they do suit the seven.....Dan drove mine at Curby, what do you think my boy?????????

Roger7C

Well...having tried rogers car, although the tyres were warm, I'd say there was no difference, or perhaps the Toyos had slightly more grip than the stunners when warm...can't comment on them from cold!

And..they haven't moved much since getting back from Wiscombe Roger!! 😬 😬 So they still have around 5mm ish of tread on them! Plenty for at least another season 😬 😬 😬 😬

Dannyboy *tongue*