Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Classic parts 1978 - 1987

JACK FLASH

In order to put my factory built 1978 Caterham Super Seven Twin Cam (rebuilt with a new 1987 chassis) visually in "original" condition, I' m looking for the following classic parts dating from the period 1978 - 1987 :

- small suck on mirror for windscreen

- screw type black gearknob for gearlever 2000E box

- standard static seatbelts (Britax ? !)

- 2 plastic centre caps for 6x13" KN alloys (Ford PCD)

- badges : 1 badge (black / silver 7) for steering wheel and 4 badges (black / silver 7)for centre caps

Be aware that I' m looking for old parts from the period 1978 - 1987 manufactured by the original suppliers. Help or advice to source these parts is always welcome !

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to Nigelriches and Tyrone, I' ve found a mirror and seatbelts of the correct type and age.

This leaves :

- screw type black gearknob for gearlever 2000E box

- 2 plastic centre caps for 6x13" KN alloys (Ford PCD)

- badges : 1 badge (black / silver 7) for steering wheel and 4 badges (black / silver 7)for centre caps

Concerning the wheel badges, I' m considering of making a reproduction. This is straightforward because the badge is only a black and silver sticker. If anybody could help me finding 1 good example of such a sticker, I' ll return a set of the reproduction.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately Dick' s gearknob wasn' t the right type, so I am still looking for :

- screw type black gearknob for gearlever 2000E box (reverse left under)

- 2 aluminium colour centre caps for 6x13" KN alloys (Ford PCD)

Jack Flash

j.jackflash@hotmail.com