Click here if you are having website access problems ×

tyres avon

jonsharland

I know I haven't finished putting it together but I am already looking at bits and going thats a bit crappy (the manuel is the biggest bit of crap that caterham supply with the car btw) but I was looking at my tyers and wondering how good they are.

It was supplied with Avon enviros or something like that I want a tyre that does not need to be replaced every 5000 miles but is also good to drive on every day as Katie is going to be my primary car (my 13 year old 205 will become my every now and then when its really raining car ) can some one point me in the direction of a good threat or tyre that might match my needs thanks

What sort of mileage would you expect from purely road miles on Yoko 21R's on a Classic 100bhp? Should I stick to the same 70 profile on 13" wheels? Where is the cheapest place to get them near Chester?

I reckon to be doing about 6000 miles a year and should be able to justify (to the wife - she's started checking my credit card bills since i got the car) spending about 250 quid on tyres each year.

Other alternatives greatly appreciated.

Neill