Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Swapping Tillets for leather

PeteS

If one was to swap Tillets for leather seats, would it be a straight swap - do they use the same runners etc? Would like to keep the composites, but sadly they are a little too snug for SWMBO's hips, and given the options she would prefer the S types.

Ta

SWMBO - "I won't ever get in that car again unless you get rid of those Tillet seats!

...3 years later, after swapping to leather S-types, she still hasn't been in the car....

Yes it's easy, yes they use the same runners, yes you can reuse the ally square tube thing on the passenger side instead of runners. No probs all round. Apart from the usual one of trying to lock the head of the bolt that holds the runner to the floor...but that's the same with any seat, apart from a foam bag one.

Martin

Aero'd supersported ex-Roadsports B...anyone got a cheap LSD/ 6 speed box?

• Area Representative
Apart from the usual one of trying to lock the head of the bolt that holds the runner to the floor...but that's the same with any seat, apart from a foam bag one.

Not if you use bolts with an allen key head.

Top tip.

Paul Richards

Area Representative - L.A.D.S. (Lancashire and District Sevens)

www.lads7.co.uk - now updated

Growing old is compulsory - Growing up is optional

*arrowup*where do you get allen headed bolts that have a small enough profile head that it won't foul on the seat runner?

*arrowup* *arrowup*fair point Dave, although having a spare driver for the return trip from the pub is sometimes useful!

Martin

Aero'd supersported ex-Roadsports B...anyone got a cheap LSD/ 6 speed box?

Edited by - mwoodham on 28 Sep 2007 09:30:06

Martin - any decent fastenings supplier will be able to provide the bolts you want. Have a look in your local yellow pages for one or a good old style hardware shop should have them if you can find such a thing. If yu get really stuck let me know (blat mail) I have a good supplier virtually next door to my office I could get some on Monday and post them.

Alan