Click here if you are having website access problems ×

R400 with all steel 257bhp 1.9k motor.

DSL

Due to having been bitten by the Radical racing bug, I am contemplating reducing my Caterham fleet by one 😬

June 2004 factory built R400 in Lotus Lava Orange, 4900 miles with under 400 miles on its brand new DVA all steel 1.9k 257bhp & 178ftlbs, Nitron dampers, carbon nose cone, Lsd, drysumped, stack dash, carbon areo screen, full screen & roof, new super soft kumho's (used for all of 20 miles 😳)

Virtually as new condition.

£25,995 ono.

0121 771 4777 / 07768 492850.

Piccys & full spec.

here

Edited by - dsl on 6 Oct 2007 21:57:49

Edited by - dsl on 6 Oct 2007 21:58:29

RJ, half the problem comes from having too many toys & not enough time to use the buggers *wink* 😬

That coupled with the fact when I jump from one type to the other, there is a certain amount of readjusting to be done, this I have found has affected my pace for a few runs in hillclimbing the Force 😳 I find myself only using Caterham revs, grip, braking ability during practice, which leaves me with some work to do on Sunday *wink* 😬

Not wishing to hijack this thread and go off on a different tangent but out of interest how much would it cost to go from a 1.8 190bhp SLR to the 1.9 257 bhp all steel DVA engine ?

What would reliability be like doing 1,500 miles per annum being a mixture of fast road driving and a couple of track days a year ?

Would there be a noticeable difference in performance ?

I ask as having bought my SLR a year ago, whilst being very fast I have already got upgradeitis and wonder whether this might be the way to go.

Stuart

Kawasaki Green SLR No 69

Guernsey AO

For costs you are best speaking to Dave at DVA on 01908 322652 as mine was somewhat complicated by being started by a engine bulder elsewhere that failed due to incorrect tolerences after 3hrs ☹️ Who I am now persuing via solicitors to recover some of my costs *nono*

On the good news front Dave is a super chap to deal with & I have no hesitation in recomending him if you wish to go down this route *thumbup* *thumbup*

By all accounts, the 1.9k route is a win/win as its a stronger setup, do a search in tech talk for 1.9k & read all about it *thumbup*

Would you notice the difference- Imagine taking 67bhp away from your existing engine, rendering it about as potentent as a 1400ss, do you think you wold notice that *confused* It makes a massive difference in top end rush that just builds & builds long after your engine has stopped pushing, mine going onto 8800rpm 😬

FTH, you are right not in Guernsey but generally in France. Saying that though there is a lot of motorsport here; hillclimbs (including the fastest hillclimb in the British Isles on Alderney), sprints, autocross and sandracing.

DSL I agree with your comments about a 67 bhp difference, albeit my experience of my SLR and a 260 CSR which is 190 bhp vs 260 bhp, i.e 70 bhp difference was that on track my SLR was quicker. Whilst the CSR has more bhp it somewhat larger and heavier than the SLR although obviously it does depend upon the driver of course.

SLR69

you enter a different performance world with a 1.9k 260bhp car

Its very adictive 😬 😬 😬

Having driven a CS260 and owned a 259bhp K series id say the later would stomp all over the CSR on a track, Darrens car also has the excellent Nitron dampers *thumbup*

Darrens car is very similar to my ex ☹️ car, which goes like the wind, handles brilliantly & will provide more smiles per mile than you can image *thumbup*

Alex

• 2 weeks later...