Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Motor Sports Council Report - September 2007

Mark Durrant

Hmm, not sure how they'll enforce it but I just typed my registration into the search facility on the RAC website and it came back with manufactured in '99 even though the car wasn't registered until 2000 so presumably there's some sort of DVLA or similar database that records manufacturing dates. Perhaps all those like me on the borderline are going to have approach CC for 'official' confirmation of manufacturing date.

Well mines 1988

If competing in mine required a CAT I think I would never bother again. Currently me feeling loads better looking forward to 2008 and being last in group 5 again 😬

I wonder how you would, for example, fit one to say a classic Bentley speed 6 *confused* or any say pre 1990 F1 *confused*

Greg P how did you look this up on the RAC site or did you pay a fiver 🤔

'Can you hear me running' ......... OH YES and its music to my ears 😬 😬 😬

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BD? engineered by Roger King, on Weber's with Brooklands and Clamshell wings, Freestyle Motorsport suspension.

Hi Greg P

Well as mine is Q reg no year of manufacture given just Caterham and 1700cc 😬

'Can you hear me running' ......... OH YES and its music to my ears 😬 😬 😬

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BD? engineered by Roger King, on Weber's with Brooklands and Clamshell wings, Freestyle Motorsport suspension.