Click here if you are having website access problems ×

2.0 XE flywheel

Lagartija

I've been lurking for longer than I care to remember... but not as long as my XE head has been on the kitchen table waiting to be put back together (3 years, yes you read it correctly - threeid=red> years).

Unfortunately it will be going back into my w*******d. Yes, I've been kicking myself for a long time for not buying a 'proper' se7en- the money spent putting my w*******d on the road could have paid for a entry level caterham. There again it wouldn't have had an 2.0 XE/DTA/TB's to push it along.

Well, enough of the intro, what I'd like to know/discuss is:

Is it better/safer to go for a 'real' lightweight flywheel or would it be OK to send my original to an 'expert' for machining?

I'd want to stay with the original clutch assembly & don't want to pay through the nose for another starter motor or hydraulic clutch.

Oh, its a non-pot 6 bolt jobbie AFAIK.

If you use a std clutch go to Helix Autosport for it. They offer an uprated drive strap version of the std size for a few quid more. A std engine on throttle bodies will likley break the std drive straps!

And DONT machine the flywheel as Peter says the pics show everthing.

I'm now going to wash my mouth out with soap for offering a two W*******d owners good helpful advice.......(athough I did tell the other one to buy a C******m)

Fat Arn

Visit the K2 RUM siteid=red>

See the Lotus Seven Club 4 Counties Area Website hereid=green>