Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Reggie's shuffled his mortal coil ...

Don

Reggie is (was ) our 3 year old hamster Mrs GTD ... lovely chap - never any bother (apart from the smell) and very, very friendly - many children who met him then wanted one of their own *smile*

I'm actually quite concerned about my daughter's reaction because she's not at home ... we only bought him because she'd done well in some exams, so he's always really been her's!!

Don't suppose you can pop out to the pet shop & get a 'lookie-likie'? How old's your daughter? Sometimes kids can be very resilient to death. I remember my brother aged about 4 burying a deceased pet goldfish in an old tobacco tin. After a decent interval of, oh about 10 minutes he asked if the fish had gone to heaven yet, beacuse if so he'd like to retrieve the tobacco tin!

Lady of Leisure again

☹️ ☹️ ☹️ The news has travelled all the way over here to the USA and we are all very sad! When Princess Nibbles passed on we burried her in an empty pasta box (no honestly!!!) and had a little service in the garden.... Most of the local kids came to pay their respects and lay flowers knicked from various gardens! Very touching bless them. 10 minutes after daughter asked for a rabbit????? *cry*

My thoughts are with you at this sad time. I don't approve of the drugs story.... very disrespectful to Reggie.... who was after all a fine upstanding hamster of the community!!!!

If it has tyres or testicles, you're going to have trouble with it 😬

"all a fine upstanding hamster of the community!!!! "

He may have led a double life

A little smelly family pet by day and an international hamster of mystery by night with a mountain top lair complete with lasers to cut up enemies and a giant wheel to run around in

Supercheese R250

Caterham pictures here 😬

Daughter took the news well ... eventually 😳 ... think it made her home-sick more than anything!!

You're all too kind though *wavey* *smile* ... even 2 condolences from 'over the pond', I'm beginning to think he needs a state burial.

Actually LinR *wavey* that 'tupperware' suggestion may have solved the issue of where to bury him. I was a tad concerned about the garden seeing as the pup had been extremely pleased with himself when he found a dead squirrel last week and had no problem digging up (and then eating *eek*) M-in-Laws favourite Chrysanthemum at the weekend!!