Click here if you are having website access problems ×

M3Dk

Johnty Lyons

Yes very many thanks Dave I know you told me this before and I am gratefull, but Andy's map is not for an M3DK and Simons was so far out the car would not start and even with severe modding and started would not run The FPR is Different and the injector scaling. Remember my car is one of the oldest along with Bernards running an M3DK and the Caterham set up was quite different on the old 1.6s Ive resorted to my old map with an overall 13,5% hike in the fuelling but havn't touched thr ign as yet At least it starts and runs.Any further words of wisdom appreciated.

jj

JJ,

You might want to back off the advance in the midrange as the 1.8 can fill the cylinders very effectively - its VE is significantly better than the 1.6; it seems to have more prominent response to exhaust resonances etc.

As for the scaling, one answer could be to scale your original map on the speed axis. A 1.8 is sweeping the same volume at 4000 revs as a 1.6 is at 4500. You will then need to add in a bit more in the appropriate places for the extra VE.

while you lot are having this discussion...

Anybody got a map for a 1.6 K SS on TBs with a decent exhaust?

That's the spec I'll run for July onwards and Finland. Then the rebuild over the winter to a similar spec to Johnty's. So I'll nick his map then. Cheers jj!

Dave Hooper - North London

dmch2@lineone.net

Many thanks Peter I seem to be getting somewhere, one of the problems I had was the IACV leaking air, and no matter if I put in in Manual control, and pag up; pag dwn; in Live adj the bugger would not close. So I had to bung it up and am having more succes now pity really as I've had it plumbed in since the start but only got to use it [correction try to use it ] on the latest box.

jj