Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Longcross

Mark Durrant

I have received the following information regarding the future of Longcross:

It is with regret that I have to advise that following an announcement made yesterday by Landowners Crest Nicholson PLC, the Longcross Test track will formerly close on 31st December 2007 with all current QinetiQ staff being made redundant on that date.

The landowners state that the closure is in preparation for the next phase of the development of the site into housing.

Obviously I will explore any potential interim use of the venue for motorsport events and anyone with any knowledge of the various Crest Nicholson staff involved in the development are asked to let me have details by return.

A sad loss of a great venue for motorsport in the south east ☹️

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*

Neil.....

Gov't strategy is to build god knows how many houses in the south east to cover the shortfall in housing..........

It's I guess a prime site as the strategy and subsidies favour redevelopment of disused sites rather than construction on 'green field' sites.......

Shame we don't really do much house building anymore....I'd love to be the PM for that project........ 😬 😬 I could envisage many delays in the vicinty of the circuit...and every day would be a seven day 😬 😬 😬

Dannyboy *tongue*

Dan,

that was what I meant be 'writing on the wall'... big bit of real estate in SE that isn't liable to attact attention of 'Swampy' and his mates.

Hmmm. a thought springs to mind. What endangered species would have to be discovered there to scuper any development plans????? I know where I can get some glow-worms from. That might do it.... *eek* *eek* 😬 😬

and in the last 2 days I've spotted Longcross as a venue on TV twice! Silent Witness monday and tuesday night was filmed at 'Adrian's Leap' on the snake, and 'Thunder Races' (on UK Bronze +2.3 or something) was filmed there to!!

What are all the TV producers going to do when it becomes a big housing estate???

Well I am glad I went once ☹️

As an ex MOD tank testing site clearing the land could be interesting

'Can you hear me running' ......... OH YES and its music to my ears 😬 😬 😬

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BD? engineered by Roger King, on Weber's with Brooklands and Clamshell wings, Freestyle Motorsport suspension.