Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

AAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH french Elise in MoT fail horror.....

Unclefester

A million poxes. *mad*

The Elise has dismally failed its 'CT' Controle Technique on pollution, with a CO2 at a high of 4.7 wossnames per wossname.

I think this translates as "running rich" Also explains the dirty looking exhaust outlets and surrounding paintwork......

As the car has Jenveys, and runs an Emerald, I suppose I need to fiddle with the Emerald with my laptop????

The engine is an ex VVC, with Dave Andrews non VVC conversion, Jenveys (yes I know I said that didn't I) and the Emerald (ditto)

As I've never yet had time to fiddle with a laptop attached to the Emerald, if there are any experts out there, I'd appreciate any tips!

Is it possible to alter the richness simply by altering the ECU parameters with the laptop?

Or is a screwdriver the best approach? *tongue*

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds..ooooh hooo hooo!!...

😬 😬Abbey Road Time-Machine *eek* *eek*

Edited by - unclefester on 10 Sep 2007 18:43:21

Did mine with a sympathetic (and highly-amused) MOT man. He held the throttle at the required revs and I fiddled a bit with the fueling until we got the appropriate lights on the machine.

There are some details hidden in Techtalk - ISTR you need to pop it into closed-loop mode - and be patient (it takes a few seconds to stabilise after each change).

Did mine 18 months ago - hence the slight vagueness. Didn't need to test it this year.

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Equipe™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Ta Myles.

I think I'll give Oily a ring when he returns from wherever he is. He set the thing up, I think.

I seem to have a deep psychological aversion to messing with the Emerald for some reason, it's the same sort of feeling I always got while trying to nerve myself to do a para jump at night, I KNOW I'm not going to get stuck on the tailplane, or hit by a passing UFO, but there's always that last niggling POSSIBILITY of something going strangely wrong......you know what I mean?

Not like in daylight.

It's the same with the Emerald.

Is this a common thing? Or is it just me? *confused*

Tom C.....you may well have hit the nail on the thumb there.....I forgot to say the catalyser was indeed 'missing'. *idea* *thumbup*

It had a silenced cat replacement pipe on it when I bought it, and I hadn't realised it affected the CO or CO2 readings.

I'll check with the CT station, but I THINK it was a high CO2 reading (4.7) though I may have that wrong......there was a new girl trainee there, ya know how it is.....

I have recently received the catalyser, so will fit it and try again, but the tester said he reckoned the fueling was way off, too rich, anyway. *smokin*

TomC.....just checked the CT sheet, you are right, it was monoxide NOT CO2! *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup*

I also had a problem with the dip pattern as the car has a proper xenon system which means the rear of the bulb holder is in contact with the wheelarch inner liner, and this was exaggerated by an inaccurately cut liner. Now sorted, the thing goes back later this week for retest.....you get 2 months for the re-test.