Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Invisible 7?

Dee Pee

My BRG and Ali Seven seems invisible to some on the road as has been commented before. Is that why the experts have yellow nose bands on dark colours? Is is possible to put bright yellow 'clip on' covers to the headlights as a compromise, during the day without breaking the law? Saves a spraying job. Anybody tried it?

Mine is red with black wings and still seems hard to see. I normally drive with lights on, and in the photos on my sig link you might be able to see white strips on the leading edges of the wings. That's proper retroreflective tape from ebay, and does make it stand out well.

BTW please give generously to Bundle's Big Charity Walk for Asthma research here Ta.

Cheers

Tom

FH54WLX

see here - UPDATED again

Mines Bright Orange and still people can't see it, it's not the colour it's the difference in size between a 7 and "normal" road cars.

You could try one of those flag things they used to put on Sinclair C5s 😬

R287 Mobile Jaffa Cake- It's black at both ends with a smashing orangey bit in the middle here

On my old 7 I put dayglo yellow plastic film around the top horizontal part of the rollbar with reflective tape bands at either end and in the middle. I lost count of the number of people who, over the years, told me that in daylight or dark my car was always the easiest to spot even from afar.

Based on that evidence, it seemed to offer a better chance of other drivers seeing me so I did the same on the new car, with a similar reaction from all who now see it.

Might be worth trying? *thumbup*

Brent

2.3 DURATEC SV Reassuringly Expensive

R 417.39 😬

There are a few fire brigades that have decided that their red vehicles become invisible under orange street lights, thus paint their vehicles, or parts of them - white.

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking...

And racing around to come up behind you again. new link to photos