Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Car cover when trailering

Tonycaterham

Having recently covered car on my minno trailer with tarpaulin keep dry when taking to a sprint I have now made a mess of the paintwork as it had rubbed on all touch points, Can anyone suggest a suitable car cover which will a keep car dry, b, not run the painwork and not blow off at 60+mph.

I do not have any weather gear so want to cover whole car but cannot afford shuttle conversion!

Tony

Tony

I have weather gear and so never have to trailer with any form of cover, but I have wondered about some form of cover, if only to keep stones and stuff off the paintwork. My several thoughts (none really investigated) have been:

- see if Brian James would sell the nose cone from a Minno Shuttle to protect the front and aid the aerodynamics of the thing (though probably not by much)

- wrap a tarpaulin around metal poles at each corner (eg, wrapping it round the Minno tyre carrier, if you have one)

- attach the wind deflector from a lorry cab roof in some cunning way.

Most of these rely on aerodynamics to keep the car dry, rather than keeping it dry when stationary or moving slowly. You could always cover it when parked then remove the cover before travelling, I suppose.

On reflection, the suggestions probably are not much good in meeting your requirements, I guess. Sorry.

Andy