Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

SV Ride Height etc

jeremybu

Hi

We have just fitted adjustable platforms to the standard Bilsteins and the heights are all over the place at present. Additionally we have no experience of suspension setup so sorry if the questions are basic. We will get it flat floored etc soon but for now we paln to just even up the heights.

1) As we live in bumpy Surrey, I wouldn't mind the sump clearance being around 80mm. Will this height upset the geometry on the road too much?

2) Is the rake still 15mm on the SV as it's a longer car?

Thanks in advance.

Jeremy

Gradually DVAd SV - GJ02JLO - shake that big booty

I've got mine set-up with 80mm under the sump and the 15mm rake and it seems to go round corners OK. Most speed bumps are not a problem, but I need to slow right down for the narrow chord variety - otherwise the sump bonks down onto them as the front wheels drop off the far side *cool*

BRG Brooklands SV 😬 It seems that perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

I've got about 15mm rake on mine. It handles very very well like that.

The 'goal' with rideheights it to have the front lower wishbones parallel to the ground when the car is loaded and static. What wheels are you running? When I'm on my 16" wheels I have no ground clearance issues. But when on my 13" wheels it does scrap the ground a fair bit...

Hi Neil

I have 14" for the road, and a set of 13" with A048s for track days.

I have searched TechTalk for measure points, but there are a few different suggestions. Should it be at the rear lower wishbone mount or where round meets square on the chassis. I do get different heights at these two points so I need to know which to set the rake from.

Gradually DVAd SV - GJ02JLO - shake that big booty

Is that the 15mm rake we measured on your slightly uneven gravel drive, and the approximate "that'll do" 9 extra turns I put on your OSR platform to counter your bulk 😬

When you say parallel to the ground, - do you mean that the front or rear leg of the lower wishbone needs to be parallel with the ground. The anti-dive front end geometry means lower wishbone inner mounts are not parallel with the ground so ONLY the front or lower leg can be parallel when viewed from the front 😬