Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

6-pt harness

Klaus Loske

Hi,

due to the installation of a cabon seat (mog racing) and substantial personal weight loss, I can not tighten my 6-pt Luke (older, narrow Caterham version) anymore.

I can´t get it tight enough...

Is there any other 6-pt around wich can is a bit shorter than the older Luke? Probably the new Caterham Luke with the wider straps?

Besides gaining weight again... is there any other suggestion?

Thanks

Klaus

Sorry Klaus, can't help on the harness, although I have a tillet seat and a six-point with Caterham 6 point and mine tightens OK, however it is the new version.

Now that you have the Mog Racing seat, is the quality as good as it looks on the web site? Which one did you go for? Did you buy anything else?

Mike

Don't know about Luke, but I replaced my belts with Willans harness, with aircraft release. The adjusting buckle is near the aircraft buckle, so the straps are pulled away to tighten, which I found easier than the Luke buckle, which is near the securing point.

Willans will also make the straps any size you want. Found them very helpful, 01264 810712

Hi Casbar,

which Willans are you using?

Could you please measure the shortest possible length of a lap strap from mounting point to the buckle?

I found their range pretty confusing (Silverstone, Club) especially since there is no good documentation around.

Do you have the special Caterham version or custom made?

Any order code?

Are the strap mounting points for normal bolts or for eye bolts (snap on ones)?

Which crutch strap are you using? V or T?

Anybody knows how a T crutch strap feels?

Thanks for your help!

Klaus

Hi Mike,

with respect to the Mog seat...

I have the yellowish Carbon/Kevlar one.

The seat looks very neat and the quality is very good. You can see that it is handmade, where if I remember right, the appearance of the Tillet is more industrial quality...

The shape of the seat is very comfortable. I simply bolted it in, no adjustments of the seating angle with shims... it just fitted perfectly for me.

I only sat once in a Tillet (so my memory might have faded), but I think the Mog is not as wide as the Tillet (but I might be wrong). For my body, the Mog fits perfect.

The appearance of the Tillet is a bit nicer than the Mog, because there is no padding at all on it... but then it looks more racing style.

The seating position is very nice an I have a lot of room now. The seat is now 2 clicks away from fully back and legs have a comfy angle (I am 1,78m). Also I sit now very low.

Overall, I think it is good value for money.

As soon as my pics are developed, I will post them on my then new web site....

Gruß

Klaus