Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Small or large headlamps.

alanjg1

I am a new member looking for advice or opinion.

I was wondering about the smaller headlights that some owners fit and what benefits, if any, there are to be gained by fitting them.

I must admit that I think they look good but are they as effective as the larger diameter standard headlamps?

Cheers

Alan

Prompts debate on the use of the word 'effective' !!

I have the large ones (!) and use Halfords super-brilliance 'xenon' bulbs. Very happy with the result !

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking...

And racing around to come up behind you again. new link to photos

• Area Representative

You can buy them from SVC for £99 with a Xenon bulb upgrade being £10. If you ask for the club discount, you will get a 10% discount so effectively the bulb upgrade is free.

The lights are very powerful and effective. I had them on my last car and have just bought another set to convert the ones on the R400 too - and the standard 7" lights on this car are excellent. For me its the aesthetics that appeal.

Nick

The BEC has gone - now onto an R400!!

• Area Representative

So Nick you'll have a set of black 7 inch headlights for sale will you?

I might be interested.

Paul Richards

Area Representative - L.A.D.S. (Lancashire and District Sevens)

www.lads7.co.uk

Growing old is compulsory - Growing up is optional

Alan, if you get in quick you might get a sale for your old 7" lights 😬

Effectiveness is about the same if you put decent bulbs in them - I can't tell any massive difference between the two. They're both pretty carp compared to Xenons anyway.

X-flow(er) power now resting. Trying Vx for a change.

I have the smaller black headlights, when I got a replacement glass from caterham they called them the 'Blackbird ones' the good thing about mine is they have a side repeater in the side of the bowl, thus emilinating the need for a nasty repeater on the cycle wing 😬

this may have been a mod by james whiting tho? not sure if they come like that *confused*

'Pinky Pics' here

Saw some 5and 3/4 'carbon effect' by SVC at the Megablat recently on a car also sporting carbon wings and thought WOW

So much so, coupled with the advice here, I've been convinced enough to take the SVC route (with bulb upgrade) and can't wait to get them on the car. *biggrin*