Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Engine

taffyracer

I'm looking for an engine, really not sure whether to go K, Zetec or spend the extra and go Duratec. So, putting this on here to see what comes up. I am interested in anything anyone might have as long as its decent, ideally i'm looking for something around the 160bhp mark but will consider anything, it would be great to find something that has all the ancillaries so i could just plonk in but again I'll consider anything, cash waiting for the right engine

WHY??

http://www.xlmotorsport....doing really badly in PS1!

Starter motor and alternator are standard Duratec items unless you fit a dry sump in which case you may need a smaller alternator. To fit it you'd need an ECU (emerald), bell housing (Raceline), exhaust system (Raceline) and possibly a loom (Emerald do one or you could mod the standard one). There are a few other tweaks required (see Simon Bell's site as listed in the other thread) but it should fit fairly easily otherwise.

Of course you will need to sort out an injection fuel feed if your car is currently on carbs so that could mean a swirl pot and external high pressure pump or a new injection tank.

Cheers

Rob G

www.SpeedySeven.com