Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

174BHP 1993 Caterham Zetec Blacktop (dedion) Pictures + ONLY £8900

Das

1993 Caterham 2.0 Black top Zetec (dedion)

SPEC

Caterham Green,

174 BHP, Blacktop Zetec on twin 40's (mostly Raceline parts),

5 speed, 3.62 standard diff,

Wide Track suspension,

Adjustable platforms,

4 Point Caterham Harnesses,

TRW Brake bias Valve.

FIA roll over bar,

FIA Cut off switch,

Black pack lights etc,

Leather tunnel top,

Special tank with honeycomb protection and in boot filler.

Pre S cloth seats (very comfortable)

13" wheels with Toyo 888R tyres.

Carbon stone guards and sill covers

7 front grill

Less than 10K miles from new.

M.O.T till 27th April 2008.

Originally built as a race car with a twin cam lotus engine for a Caterham race series hence "Q" plate. Was only raced a few times then converted to road use.

The car then had a small accident (new rear skin, dedion tube and trailing arm, all at arch with receipt), was re-sprayed, and converted to cycle wings but as far as I can see / make out never got back on the road.

The original owner died (unrelated to the accident), and the car was later sold to a garage whom split the engine and car.

The chassis was then sold to the gentleman I purchased the car from.

He spent a massive amount of money buying parts to rebuild the car including many of the parts below, unfortunately he found he didn't have the time and skills to finish the project and so put it up for sale.

I purchased the project and spent the best part of a year stripping & rebuilding the car, buying the parts required to finish it etc, the chassis is very good, and mechanically the car is as good as most only a few years old, the performance is superb and I have spent a great deal of time getting all the controls set-up so that the car has very nicely balanced controls, and the suspension set-up is ideal for road but also suitable for track.

The car has been rolling road set-up at Northampton Motorsport, Troy was amazed the engine was standard and said it produced much more power than he expected (he works on lots of Zetec Westfields) , their rolling road is renowned for being accurate. (it made 174 BHP with graphs to prove)

The car has now completed about 1000 miles since being on the road and 1 track day, and has not missed a beat.

Parts recently fitted include: -

New Raceline Sump

New Raceline water rail

RaceLine Light weight flywheel + New High performance AP clutch + pressure plate

New RaceLine Inlet manifold

New RaceLine full exhaust system (95db)

New RaceLine Engine mounts

New disks all round

New Mintex Pads

New / Refurbished rear callipers

New Front Hubs + wheel bearings

New Black pack Lights

New Heated Screen

New Wide track front suspension

New 4 point harnesses (race type)

New nose cone

New Motalita 10" leather steering wheel

New Stainless flexible brake hoses

New High power Crossflow Starter Motor

New Battery

New Leather tunnel top

New Aluminium gear knob

New Carpets

New Samco pipes

New 13" Caterham 8 spoke wheels (black / graphite colour)

New Toyo 888R tyres (excellent grip)

New Megajolt mapable ignition system

Very Low Mileage 2.0 BlackTop Zetec

+ Many more bits.

Should give many miles of trouble free motoring with R300 performance but at very low cost. Ideal road and track car.

The only negative is that when the car was converted to cycle wings the holes were not filled, I contemplated having this done but as they have been painted over and the paint job is very good and most people didn't even notice I decided to leave them, the price reflects this. (I can send recent pictures to anybody interested)

£8900.00 for a very quick sale.

Contact me via Blatmail , or call 01283 511819 evenings / weekends ( Burton On Trent )

or Mobile 07771 644691

Edited by - das on 10 Sep 2007 11:51:24