Click here if you are having website access problems ×

HELP, Quartermaster Twin-Plate playing tricks on me

Marius

Some minutes ago I´ve just broken one of my two clutch plates from the 7.25" Quartermaster Sport while fitting them. Problem seems that both plates were only 99% aligned so one of the plates cracked when I fiddled the gearbox in.

Alex, Arnie hwo did you manage to align them properly, it´s VERY tight fit and I don´t want to break another plate, expensive s*** !

Anyone any tricks how to do this properly ?

Dave K., if you read this, I´ll call you tomorrow morning for a new plate to be send by Express, o.k. ?

Frustrated greetings,

Marius

Marius,

I sympathise because this is a bugger. I've just been doing the same job. The QM plates IME are quite a tight fit on the shaft as, even with a spare shaft to use when tightening down the clutch face as Arnie suggests, it was still quite awkward to get the shaft in. (I've always found it difficult to get my shaft in...blush.gif

I got my spare shaft from SPC, it was only about £15.

*DON'T* do this, guys ! These cordless keyboards are *really* expensive !!

Marius: Jo has a spare one, has he got in touch wih you, yet? Failing that, he sent me one the other week, which I'll forward as soon as it arrives. I'll need it back for the assembly of my own clutch, however.

Lemme know.

Best ! - Karsten