Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Oi Boonie

GTD

Ta folks. Promise not to go away for so long next time. We're settling in to our new abode and the 7 is settling in to the new garage (although has been rather busy the last few days since being re- MOT'd 😬).

It's nice to see the sheds are still open for business as usual!

*wavey*

I've been biking a lot the last couple of years (24K miles in just under 24 months) mainly to and from work. Before the return of Eric I was planning on "seeing how things went" for the next few months / beginning of next spring as I can really only afford to do one thing or the other. The bike (a trusty 1997 Suzuki Bandit 600S) has worked hard this last two years and is in need of some tlc. So the plan was to see which I preferred as it were and make my mind up some time next spring.

However, after just a couple of days back in the 7 and a touch over 100 miles (that's nearly half what the 7 has done in the last *10 months* tut tut) and I know it's the bike that won't be staying. Which is a shame as it's been super fun - even riding 37 icy miles home from work with no clutch after a colleague knocked the bike over in the car park (give him his due, he owned up immediately and did all possible to help) so breaking the clutch lever one dark, freezing fog infested, December evening last year. But I can't afford to both give the bike the care it needs and enjoy the 7.

I know already the 7 is where I should be (assuming I don't lose my licence!! *eek*).

So it's great to be back. Won't be making the 50th celebrations as we have lots to do before I can take "days off" at the weekends but it's fun and wonderful to be settled once more. If any of you are going to the 50th please say "Hi" to anyone that knows me.

And if not before the end of this season then I hope to see some of you around next season as I'll certainly be out and about more! Starting with a visit to see Rach and crew at the Cam meet next month. Oh hang on, this month!

Guy

NN 😳