Click here if you are having website access problems ×

X-Flow changing mechanical fuel pump to electrical pump

Bullman

Help,advice,information required to change from mechanical fuel pump to an eletrical pump with a filter king pressure regulator.Car is X-flow superspint.Which fuel pump would you suggest I buy,where should it be mounted.How is it plumbed in,how is it electrically wired up,is a fuse used for safety.Any advice would be greatly appreciated.Thanks Bullman

Fuel Pump - A lot of the guys recommend the Weber fuel pump. I have used a facet red top, which some have had trouble with, but mine has been ok for 2 years now!.

You remove the mechanical pump, and use a blanking plate to cover the hole (avail from Burtons as are most of the bits). The pump should be mounted as close to the tank as possible, mine is mounted on the rear bulkhead just below the tank outlet. You should also use an inline filter between the tank and the inlet to the pump. I then mounted the filter king in the engine bay.

Its best to have a fuse in the power line, I ran the power from the ignition switch. Some have also put a fuel cutout relay in the system, in case of accident. I haven't, but I do have a battery cut out switch.