Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Headrests

Trevor Gilby

A while ago the connection between the headrest tube and the seat frame on the drivers seat broke. I took the back panel off, stripped the seat down and had it rewelded in place and rebuilt the seat back as best as I could.

The passengers has now done the same, and I am loathe to go through the same rigmarole.

As an option can I swap seats ( 2000 y reg supersport) leather seats, around and purchase a roll bar mounted head rest for the driver. If such a thing is on sale, then where can I get it and how much.

• Support Team

Yes you can swap the seats around and yes there is a roll bar mounted headrest available. It is designed for motorsport and as such comes with no padding on it so you will need to add your own pad. The part you need isn't on the online store but looks like this one. There is also a steady bar available for it. You need to tell them which rollbar you have when you order it. I believe it is only available for FIA approved roll bars.

Yellow SL *cool* #32 - member of Drowned Rat Racing

the racing headrest comes in two forms, one attached by threaded U-bolts round the rollbar tubes, and one with a bracket that goes through eyes welded into the cage/ rollbar diagonal (later Caged type cages only AFAIK).

Whichever type is suitable, you need to have twin diagonals on the main rollbar hoop, which (as has been said *arrowup*) (and again AFAIK) is FIA bars only.

Martin

Aero'd supersported ex-Roadsports B...anyone got a cheap LSD?

• Support Team

Martin - the first type you describe fits onto the single diagonal FIA bar and is what I fit to my car for sprints. The second type requires the twin diagonal (Caged) bar.

Yellow SL *cool* #32 - member of Drowned Rat Racing