Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Service intervals

James Saunders

Are they serious with some of that? I've done 17k in mine now, so it's well overdue for some new spark plugs and shortly will need new brake hoses *confused*

BTW please give generously to Bundle's Big Charity Walk for Asthma research here Ta.

Cheers

Tom

FH54WLX

see here - UPDATED again

I really think one should apply common sense with regards to the attached service schedule : a Caterham is not a E-Class Merc.

Checking fluids, hoses, tyre pressures, CV & steering joints is a 10 minutes tops job and should be done every month or before every big blat IMHO

with regards to servicing on a K, an annual service based on the 12K schedule + brake/coolant change is what I personnaly do ...

Spark Plugs on a Eu2 engine cost a fiver for 4 (I believe EU3 are more expensive) but if you can't feel anything out of shape in the ignition department: wire brush, gap measurement is a no cost / 10 minutes job again. Why changing rotor arm' leads etc ... if ignition works fine?

For the cambelt i would always apply a time logic : 5 years seems sensible

Edited by - Miura on 29 Aug 2007 10:37:46

• Support Team

The flexible brake hoses take a fair bit of punishment (flexing mostly) and as they are braided you can't see any damage that may be occurring in the rubber. It is sensible to replace these every couple of years which is also a good time to replace the brake fluid as over time it will absorb water reducing it's effectiveness.

Yellow SL *cool* #32 - member of Drowned Rat Racing