Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Hethel - Lack of entries places event in doubt

Mark Durrant

To date I have received 45 entries for this event which is not sufficient to cover the rental of the circuit let alone pay for all the other costs meaning that the event is not viable and is likely to be cancelled.

So if you intend competing please send in your entry ASAP as I will need to take a decision on whether to proceed or not this weekend. I will post up a list of entries received so far later today.

Please support this event if you can as it is unlikely that we will have an opportunity to compete at this venue again.

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*

Mark

As discussed I will be sending an entry and as Simon & Fiona are competing it looks like I might be taking Adrian or Mike up on their offer but I'm not sure when Adrian is back.

Will fill in a form and add the car later if thats OK

Graham

Looking for a new vocation in life or is that a vacation

Edited by - Bacon Butty on 28 Aug 2007 11:33:17

I'll see if Trevor want's to duel (oops my mistake 😬 😬 although it seemed that way at Curborough with Mr Newman) drive again mark 😬 😬 😬However...if BB wants to share my lowly old shed, he's also welcome to have3 a go in that!!! 😬

How many more entries do we need Mark???? It would be a real shame to lose the final event at such a venue on the anniversary weekend!

Dannyboy *tongue*

Edited by - Dannyboy on 28 Aug 2007 14:35:37

I can't beieve that there is not enough applicants for this, Hethel is a great little track (similar to MIRA in some respects) and if its good enough for Lotus to test their cars on it will certainly impress seveners for a sprint. *confused*

Mark why not post a message on Chit chat as not everyone reads the speed events section *thumbup*

Mark,

I for one would be disappointed not to be able to go to Hethel. Despite the epic distance.

If the problem is purely financial, why not simply ask competitors for a further contribution of (say) £20 to cover the deficit. I can't believe there would be too many objections.

On the other hand i'm amazed that there aren't hundreds of club members who would love to compete at such an historic venue in the anniversary year.

Paul

Kipper

Yes I did mean that Mr S, I think he thought a younger man might be able to show him how to drive his new car a bit faster as he seems to be struggling with it 😬 😬 😬 😬.

Adrian has now confirmed I can drive his car so no need to embarass Mr S anymore 😬

Graham

Looking for a new vocation in life or is that a vacation