Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Curborough times?

henry21p

I've just looked at August 2006 Curborough results (to remind me of my PB). Class 2 was won with a time of 63.09 and second place was 63.85. IIRC I think the first 11 beat 63.85 yesterday *eek* with almost a second being knocked off the course record *eek*

Mrs K

Edited for Richard to "almost a second" 😬

Edited by - Mrs Kipper on 28 Aug 2007 09:25:33

• Area Representative

Pat,

with a second being knocked off the course record

No, It wasn't *smile*

It was only 0.99Sec 😬

Unfortunately, I think that will take quite a bit of beating (but I'll be back to try next year!)

Results will be up on Competitors Korner in due course however, here are they from yesterday:

Class 1

1st Matthew Jenkins 63.96 secs (class record)

2nd Andrew Jenkins 67.33 secs

3rd Richard Ormson 68.86 secs

Class 2

1st Dan Malkin 61.61 secs (class record)

2nd Rob Herring 62.27 secs

3rd Trevor Newman 62.49 secs

Class 3

1st David Nelson 59.09 secs (class record)

2nd Jeff Smith 60.27 secs

3rd Michael Calvert 61.31 secs

Class 4

1st Neil Cavanagh 59.8 secs (class record)

2nd Martin Sargeant 59.86 secs

3rd Gordon Cardew 60.3 secs

Class 5

1st Mark Durrant 57.24 secs (class record & FTD)

2nd Ken Evans 57.72 secs

3rd Rob Grigsby 58.96 secs

Class 6

1st Mike Riley 59.59 secs

Fastest Lady - Tamara Calvert

Fastest Novice - Neil Fraser

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*

Edited by - Mark Durrant on 27 Aug 2007 20:19:18

DSL - quick question. I had terrible trouble with gear upshifts on my last two timed runs. Basically I missed third on both runs along the main straight. I was on the rev limiter and when I went for the shift I think the revs cut but I didin't get the gear. Will your Busa change up on the limiter 🤔 I've tried it since at pootle speeds and all seems fine so i'm wondering if the rev limiter and gear cut interfere with each other *confused*

Mike, can't honestly say. Never realy reved it out that far as my rev limit was set at the 11,500 rpm for most of the year & thats so far past peak power I would normaly have shifted around the 10,000-10,250rpm mark.

I guess it may be that the ignition cut signal is ignorned / made null & void whilst the engine is stuttering up against the limiter *confused* The only shift I occasionaly missed was first to second off the line, but I put that down to excess wheel spin, so resorted to occasionaly useing the clutch for that one *thumbup*

just a polite question *biggrin*

why are there new class records ? - certainly the times in class 3 & 5 are slower than the previous record (historical data on class records class 3 = 58.79 (needs updating on records section) , class 5 = 56.99)

Are there new records this year because of the tyre regulation / class changes ?

Dave

here is C7 TOP

Taffia rear gunner

Mark,

Again, just a polite question, but how is the BHP limit imposed? Is this purely a gentleman's agreement that what people say they have is true? I'm just wondering because I know there can be big differences dependant on dyno - a good 20-30 BHP between Steve Greenauld and Swindon's for example.

Apologies if I am opening a can of worms. It doesn't affect me in any way. I would need the difference to be 60 BHP to sneak into class 4!!! 😬

Alex

Edited by - Alex Wong on 28 Aug 2007 09:11:21

Alex

We changed class 4 to a max limit of 190bhp so people with R300's, SLR's, Zetecs, Twinks and tweaked crossflows had a class where there cars will be competitive. Yes we are relying on competitors to be honest but I also monitor speeds recorded at the speed traps as this is a good indication of power. It is certainly providing some close competition for the drivers in this class and the regs allow for me to move a car to another class if required, but this has not been required and lets not go there *thumbup*

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*

Neil.......Congrats on your Novice trophy, very well deserved *thumbup*. And yes we intend taking the hint and go to class 2 next year (if they will have us!) Just got to find the Black & Decker will the big drill bit to get a few more cc's out of the bores!

Andrew & Matt.

Well done Mark on a stunning time of 57.28!! I wish I could have been a spectator,

That will teach me to run through my FTD speech in my head whilst watching you go off on your last run - then I turned to look at the clock and went *eek*

*smile*

Ken

Ken

Richard Anderson who was spectating told me it looked really smooth although it was a little more lively than that from the drivers seat. Many thanks for the close competition and it is satisfying to beat one of thwe top drivers in the class, just need to do it more often *wink*

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*