Click here if you are having website access problems ×

pics

k.russell

Kevin

Very impressed with your shots from Curborough. I took a few photo‘s, but not anything like what you managed I’d be interested to know what kit you were using and what sort of focal length / shutter speed you were running to get such pin-sharp shots (and were your Picasa images cropped) 🤔 🤔 🤔

Steve - Orange and Black ex Academy

Steve, it was my first go with my new Nikon D80. i had borrowed a Tamron 500mm mirror prime lens, think it was f4, it only worked on manual setting and didn't show the aperture setting, i had the shutter set at 1/500, and the ISO at 400. the lens had cost my cousin £70 off eBay. i didn't do any cropping but i did sharpen them in picasa, Picasa automatically re sizes the images to 1600 pixies when i upload i think, the jpeg images were 3872 x 2592 and 4.3 mb. glad you like them

kevin R

black-ali HPC

I'm embarrassed to put mine up here given the quality of yours Kevin, I wasn't helped by the autofocus on my zoom playing up, ah well, here goeshere

Whilst you have a tasty piece of kit to take the photos lets not give all the credit of the photos to the technology, there is a clearly a bit of skill behind the lense Kevin.

As usual if any of you want a high res copy, drop me an e mail

Kevin

Mirror lenses have a fixed aperture, hence the inability to see / change it.

I ran my Curborough shots through the Picasa sharpen option and it didn’t seem to make much of a difference.

I shoot RAW on the camera (K10D) and then get the bundled Pentax software to create JPEG’s. I’ve read that PhotoShop will do a better job of this conversion - one to check out in the future.

Here are a few shots that I took - not as sharp as your shots. Need to work out whether the difference is due to kit or technique

BTW, the images that I post to Picasa are very low resolution. I go from RAW to high quality JPEG (which will include any modifications that I have made to the image) and then use the Microsoft Image Resize tool to get the file size down to around 100Kb. This makes it quick and easy to upload to Picasa and ensures that I have plenty of space for posting photos.

Steve - Orange and Black ex Academy