Click here if you are having website access problems ×

SOLD - 1991 Caterham Super 7 1600GT Factory Built

George Tait

I bought this factory built 1991 Caterham 7 over three years ago and the only change I have made to the original factory specification is the addition of a FIA roll bar, which was fitted by Caterham Midlands. As far as I am aware the car has never been used on the track but it has been used regularly on the road including 3 trips to Le Mans and has always been very reliable. The car is in excellent condition overall and comes with service details, MOT’s etc from previous owners right up to the recent full service and check over performed by Chris at The Seven Workshop.

It is becoming increasingly rare to find an unmodified car such as this and I sell it with some reluctance, but I have decided to buy an early Lotus Europa and there is no room in the garage for two cars.

First Registered August ‘91

Red

5 Speed

De Dion Axle

1600 Ford Crossflow (AX Block)

FIA Bar (with Petty strut)

Full weather gear, hood, tonneau and side screens

Leather seats

Heater

Heated screen

Immobiliser

14” K&N Jupiter Alloy Wheels

Service History

£600 just spent with The 7 Workshop on service work and full check over. New brake pads fitted all round and rear discs.

MOT’d until June ‘08

Taxed until October ‘07

23,800 miles from new

£8995 ONO

Also advertised on PistonHeads with pictures here

If you have any questions or need more details please give me a call or send an email

Tel: 07880 541977

George

Edited by - George Tait on 27 Sep 2007 19:38:26

• 2 weeks later...

Mark,

Thanks, been away for a week and still catching up! I've had a number of enquiries about the car particularly from abroad (France and Norway). Caterham cars, and Rosey (who looks after archives/records)in particular have been extremely helpful in verifying original factory build details and providing supporting documentation etc. Can't recommend them highly enough.

George

• 3 weeks later...

Car is now sold and was collected by an extremely pleasant chap and his friend who flew over from Paris this afternoon. Initially surprised at the amount of interest shown from prospective buyers abroad, since found out it is one of the easier models to import/register particularly in France.

Have to say the car looked magnificent as its new owner set off for Folkestone. If the Europa gives me half as much pleasure as the Caterham I'll be a happy man.

George

Edited by - George Tait on 27 Sep 2007 19:41:55