Click here if you are having website access problems ×

L-Plates.... Independent Buyers Advice

Ben_C

I'm a first time buyer looking for a used Caterham (or W*******d). It will be a good all-weather road going car (it'll be my only car over the next couple of months).

Could anyone volunteer their services as an 'independant advisor' to look over and give value any cars that I might find?

I'm Oxford based, and to all intents and purposes car-less, so anything that I do buy will be local to Oxford (unless the seller is willing to travel).

A non-financial reward is on offer for anyone who steps forward...!

Cheers,

Ben

07930 360 772

lotus7-at-benchapman-dot-co-dot-uk

Oh come on chaps and chapesses.... please!

The reward, in return for mentoring me through a purchase and taking me for a spin in your own Seven, will be a flight over the Cotswolds in my aeroplane, based at Enstone.

Thanks Blatman, I've been keeping a close eye on Catflaps postings.

I am asking not for someone to tell me what car to buy (ie Westy vs Caterham vs Rocking Horse), but just to say what a car with a given spec and condition may or may not be worth, as I have no idea what to look out for in a Seven... I could read all the advice on these pages, but still not have the gut instinct that an experience would have about assessing a car :)

Should the carbs sound like that?

Is the engine OK for what I want?

Is this good condition for a 7, 10, 15 year old aluminium car?

He wants HOW much for it??? Stay away ...or... talk him down £500 ...or... give him cash before he wakes up!!!

Thanks!

Ben

ps - if anyone wants to trade some LOW Flying for some Low FLYING, I'm open to offers, weekday evenings 6pm - 8.30pm, just north of Oxford.

Ben

Cant claim to be any sort of an expert, have only just purchased my first seven this year.

However I live quite close to you near Thame and would be happy to meet up for a beer and share my limited knowledge, plus give you a ride in my 1.6 Roadsport.

I purchased my car from Caterham, year old ex demo, and have not regretted it for a minute.

Jeremy

Phone 07788 178390

You need to get yourself onto the Penn Se7ens mailing list (see chitchat), and got to www.wscc.co.uk, click boardroom, and look at the events listings for the Thames Valley area. That will cover C******m's and Westf1elds.........

Or get yourself along to Stoneleigh next weekend, and see the biggest collection of Caterf1elds in the universe. Trust me there are few better sights in life than us lot (that is, ALL Se7eners) gathered around our cars.............

Edited by - Blatman on 29 Apr 2002 20:40:45