Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Pedal height adjustment?

prangerman

Slab of inch thick marine ply (waterproof) stuck to the floor ?

Or two pieces stuck together ?

May have the very thing at home - will look tonight ?

PS: Do you have a JJ popper fitting tool I could borrow - lost mine at the moment.

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking...

And racing around to come up behind you again. new link to photos

• Support Team

When you move the pedals towards the driver, they sit higher unless you adjust the thing they are acting on. It's difficult to explain without a picture but if you imagine the top of the pedal stays where is is - when you move the pivot point towards you the bottom end of the pedal moves up - do it with a pencil and you'll see what I mean. This can easily be corrected for clutch and throttle by adjusting the cables (assuming cable operated clutch) to allow the top of the pedal to move towards you. It is more difficult with the brake as, although there is a rod with adjuster nuts on it, you rapdily run out of adjustment. My solution was to cut a bit off the end of the brake master cylinder rod.

Yellow SL *cool* #32 - member of Drowned Rat Racing

I'm a short 🙆🏻 so my pedals are in the reaermost position and yes they do sit high if you don't adjust them properly. Clutch and throttle dead easy, adjust the cables until they are OK. Brake a little harder - as you try to lower the dedal, the threaded pokey out bit (sorry for being a bit technical) makes contact with the top of the pedal - therefore limiting how far you can adjust it. Easy peasy, take out the pokey out bit by undoing the circlip (quite safe) and hacksaw a little bit off it, then refit and adjust. Job done *thumbup*

Editted to add - like Shaun said *arrowup* 😬

Edited by - Grubbster on 16 Aug 2007 21:25:11

Neither me or the other half being giants, we redrilled the seat mounting holes which moved the seat further forward. You could then move the wheel forward all the way which might keep everything in the right position with the pedals on the middle setting. We have an SV so don't know if that's different.

Gradually DVAd SV - GJ02JLO - shake that big booty

Stop it now - this is getting silly. I know it's Friday afternoon (coz my special carer just told me), but if you want to indulge in puerile shenanigans get your own thread, or go down below to the nether world to the smoke filled and alcohol and pee smelling shed *arrowdown*! *wink*

Perhaps I'll just look for some pedal extenders, although fitting to the accelerator might be interesting...

Peter

In Memoriam DMG