Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

How much for an anti-cavitation tank

MikeE

So have determined that an anti-cavitation tank would be a good investment for trackdays how much do they cost (from Caterham or can they be supplied from else where). And how difficult are they to fit, or how much to get someone else to fit?

Spoke to Caterham last night and they're talking circa £350 fitted, I thought someone else here had said it would be £200 + fitting.

In the meantime I'm on a trackday on Monday, in the abscence of an anti-cav tank is it worth me over filling with oil or will this cause more problems than it solves?

thanks for any info.

regards,

Mike.

200 for the tank then labour and VAT (as I suspect that'll have to be added to at least one of the other items) is likely to be 350.

150 less VAT is 127 or so. At 40 an hour this gives just over 3 hours work which, from what I've heard/seen about getting one of these fitted with no leaks is probably good going.

I tend to overfill on track anyway but not by much (just over max mark) as it can send oil temps through the roof.

If the day's open pit lane, your best bet will be to limit yourself to a max of 20 minute sessions and check the oil after each one JIC. Also keep half an eye on your pressure gauge for the first session or so to give you an idea of what it's doing.

Use all the other common sense stuff about speeding up gradually to get temps right, and cooling down before switching it all off and you should be OK.

I'm having an Anti Cav tank fitted at Caterham in a couple of weeks time, and have been quoted circa £350. Although this may sound quite expensive, I am no expert when it comes to spanners, so I figured getting them to do it was the better part of valour.

In low flying magazine within the last 6 months, there was an article on how to fit one. if you don't have the back issues, let me know, and I can send you a copy.

I assume that this doesn't breach copyright or anything, in view of helping a fellow 7'er !!!!.

It's not just a tank, there is a new sandwich plate fitted before the filter, some big hoses, a drilled and tapped hole in the head, a pipe there and finally wire from the (new) oil temp sender to the (new) switch on the dashboard to use the temp guage. Presumably Caterham also put in a lot of nice new synthetic oil as well?

Si

£200 + labour @ £42 per hour at caterham Mids. Not sure if this is till offered as a 'Track Pack' special by Caterham though. Add in the price of 7 litres of oiul, and a new filter, you are looking at circa £450 all in.

I know 'cos i had it done.

Cheers

MikeE,

I fitted mine in June last year, and the kit was £170+VAT+P&P. The factory quoted around £450 all in to supply and fit, so your quote of £350 sounds an unusually good deal.

Mark P,

I assume that this doesn't breach copyright or anything, in view of helping a fellow 7'er !!!!

Well, I hope not, but I can e-mail the (that is, my) original Sep01 LF article as a Word2000 doc to MikeE (or anyone else) if required. Just let me know. A thought: although I was the author, did I lose/transfer copyright when I sent the article to Roger Green?

JV