Click here if you are having website access problems ×

R888 - Where and which?

Dartmoor7

Two questions:

From where are people getting their R888s (mail order)?

I've seen Simply Tyres mentioned, anywhere else?

There are different compounds; I was very happy with Yoko 032 SS front and S rear, currently satisfied with 048 S front and M rear, and I'd like to get the same sort of balance.

Which compounds should I be looking for to achieve this?

MY BLAT-O-METER

2007: 50 (to 8th August)

2006: 89

2005: 91

2004: 64

2003: 66

2002: 66

2001: 79

2000: 32 (divorce!)

1999: NRA

Steve at Simply Tyres really is the place to go. Great guy *thumbup* ...and the prices, well I paid £235 delivered for 185/60R13 x2 and 205/60R13 x 2. Doubt you will beat that anywhere.

There appears to be two compounds. GG which would appear to be similar to a Yoko med and SG which is the soft version.

Cheers

Simply Tyres *thumbup*

I would be suprised if the GG medium/soft compound didn't meet your needs and that's what Steve @ Simply Tyres steered me towards - judging by my 30 minute run today (first time i had tried them) they are stickier than a stick. There is a soft compound as well, but Steve @ Simply Tyres thought that they wouldn't last very long.

stephen

• Support Team

I'm running the softer (SG) compound front and rear - but that is for sprinting/hillclimbing. I have driven 1000 miles and done 3 sprints on them and they are holding up OK. I doubt they would last 5 minutes on a trackday though.

I would probably go for the 2G compound for road/track use.

Yellow SL *cool* #32 - member of Drowned Rat Racing

Is no one running softer compound on the front then?

Always very common thing with the Yokos.

Interesting point! My R888's are replacing A048R's which were medium all round. Having an HPC, so a tad nose heavy, I was originally going to get another set and go soft front and med rear but decided I was getting tired of the fidgeting that comes with the 48's which prompted the R888's. Not sure why I didn't consider soft fronts, guess it never came to mind not having experienced these yet. I'll stick with my GG (meds) all round for now and see what happens.

Edited by - Lotus Boy on 12 Aug 2007 20:38:20