Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Races at Brands - Sat 8th Sept

fatcat

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nigel,

Looks like a good entry for all races. Should be good to watch. I see you're either in the wrong class or running road tyres in the SEMSEC race. You must be trying to give us a chance.

All this and a sprint in the morning.

See you there,

Barry

Hi Barry,

yup they put me in the wrong class but that has been corrected now. Although I have raced at Brands earlier in the year on CR500's instead of slicks - bit scary for the first few laps trying to find out how much grip was there, but quite fun in a slide-like-a-hooligan-round-all-the-corners sort of way. Best part of 2 secs a lap slower than slicks though.

let's hope for a nice sunny day

cheers

Nigel

Know the feeling, my 048R mediums take a good 2-3 laps to get fully warm.

Allen,

I don't think it is but

Spint should start around 9

Race practice 12.30

Racing 14.30

There are 7 races, 2 single seater (unusually, good entries here with a wide range of cars) and the others the usual SEMSEC mix of sports racing, sports, kits and saloons.

Barry

Hi Allen,

there's a sprint in the morning - don't know the exact times.

Race qualifying starts at 12.30, racing immediately after from approx 14:00

If you want more details, blatmail me your email address and I'll forward the final regs and provisional entry list.

regards

Nigel

well it was all going fine, apart from a couple of red flags and surprising number of cars failing/stalling on the grid, until the latter part of race 4. Three fezza 360's dicing, came up to back markers at the end of the main straight, 1 fezza lost it and completely destroyed a section of barrier and part of the catch fencing. Game over as they couldn't repair the damage to the barriers in time to run the rest of the meeting. The 360 didn't look too cute afterwards either but I think the driver was OK'ish. I guess the driver of one of the other 360's will be nursing a slapped wrist after he was noticed over-taking under waved reds..

Ho hum, that's racing. On positive note, excellent turn out, full grids and good to see a bunch of familiar faces too.