Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Travelling to a mapping session

millsn

Does anyone have any advice? My car is on throttle bodies using MBE ECU and it is getting a ported cylinder head. i am travelling from Peterborough to London for the mapping and going to Spa the next day!

If I trailer I will be borrowing it and either doing two trips then going to Belgium or leaving someone elses trailer somewhere strange, if I drive I run the risk of the mixture being too lean.

I think I need the use of a lambda sensor to put enough fuel in to ensure safety (if at the expense of the environment) for the trip to London. Is there somewhere that might help me test the air/fuel ration at different rpm? Anyone nearby have one maybe?

Nigel Mills - 2.0 zetec

Hi millsn I drove my Zetec 18,00 with Jenve trottle bodys to Dave walker at Emerald from Mold in North Wales about 150/200 miles after having the head ported by Ammo and a set of fast road cams with no ill efect I just drove it steady see how it runs when you start it up If it's running really rough then trailer it but if it feels ok just take it steady, and I have just got a Lambda sensor boss fitted no sensor only when it is tuned doe's Dave fit the sensor Regards Paul

Edited by - Paul Formston on 7 Aug 2007 19:50:28