Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Who's got the Trowel?

The Comp Sec

• Area Representative

I don't think I should have been included in this list *confused* I didn't dig up any turf

.........the Armco got in the way 😳

I had heard (not being there on the day) that Mr Hickey went off after Mr Cummings at Quarry

Having seen Mr Cumming on our second run at close quarters (after being red flagged for the second time *mad*) that he did little damage to the grass.

I also witnessed Dr Hickey's excursion on the third run (all the way from the top paddock), and can state that he was almost out of sight

It looked like he simply forgot to turn right *eek* (or, for that matter, brake )

It wasn't that i forgot to turn right or brake, it's just I took the safe option...... *eek* BUT Mr Price's connection with the Armco was VERY loud and it seems he had planned it....He had even arranged for a spare rim to arrive at the venue.....so that he could continue the event. I think that's showing off *tongue* *tongue*

This is not the way in which I wished to become famous or should it be infamous nor is it pleasent being under the headmasters cane ( that has not happened in 45 years!!!) I promise to mend my ways at Curby: No that is a silly thing to say. I shall be trying just as hard but I promise headmaster I will try and keep it on the black stuff. Mr Price perhaps might pick up the mantal.

However the suspense is killing me in how that final run went. Will somebody spill the beans. If you all went 2secs fatser I shall have to go into mourning.

Thank you to all those who helped, Mark for shoving me on the trailer and other useful advice, now being implemented, Mike fore keeping my bater going, Malcolm for a very useful cable and Richard for stopping the cav tank from wandering all over the engine compartment as it was happy to do in the first run.

Damage slightly worse than at fisr thought. Stub axle slightly bent, about 2mm, so it is new hub assembly, but I think I can rescue the front wing.

Now, someone put me in or out of misery *eek* *eek* *eek*

Roger7C

but I think I can rescue the front wing

and the rear wing with a bit of matting and resin!

Hope no one is up for any surgery this week

Got some space on my minor surgery list this week.......anybody want a vasectomy? *evil* I can promise a quick and painless visit to my treatment room

Roger, your time is safe, but that Mr Howard piped me (again) *mad*

Edited by - Englishmaninwales on 7 Aug 2007 22:54:59

Roger

To take your mind off your second succesive off here are the times for class 2.

Richard Price 65:02

Kipper Jnr 66:40

Mike Sankey 67:10

Roger Cumming 67:38

Graham Howard 67:47

Malcolm Hickey 67:53

Rob Spencer 67:63

Kipper Snr 68:21

Paul Collins 68:88

Very close with only half a second covering 3rd to 7th.

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*

Roger

Sorry to hear the damage is worse than you thought ☹️ I hope you can get it all back together for Curborough *thumbup*

Kipper Jnr, having visited the grass at Quarry on the second run *rolleyes*, went out on the third run full of high hopes to beat Richard's stunning 65.02, only to have the electrics cut out down at Chippy's 😳 and we don't know why *confused*. Kipper Snr improved on the third run to beat his PB for the second time that day *thumbup* *smile* with no car problem *confused*

Mrs K