Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Blat turns into a recovery

Malcolm

Happily driving along and then sudden power loss. Recovery man unable to detect supply to fuel pump stating "suppect immobilser, no feed to fuel pump".

Car is CSR 200, but assume immobilser circuitry/fuel pump arrangement is not disimilar to other cars.

Looks like an onward recover to Caterham unless someone can point this numpty to a 'simple' solution.

On my car, at least (Emerald ECU), the fuel pump does prime each time you cycle the ignition - regardless of immobiliser state.

One trick that might help (esp. in noisy environments) is to switch the fuel-pump and fog-light connectors (if you can reach them) - they've both got the same connectors (assuming no miraculous transformation on CSR cars).

When I rebuilt the car, 18 months ago, I managed to swap these connectors and was (briefly) baffled by the intermittent foggy on power-up. Useful trick if you're stuck beside the road and can't hear the pump - or get a meter on the wiring.

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Equipe™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Sussed & sorted. Turned out to be the inertia switch. Took it off gave it a shake & off we go. The ball had obviously become dislodged on braking & stayed dislodged. Think I'll carry a spare switch now, just in case.

Thanks for your replies.

The CC boys at the factory always seem to favour this switch as a means of P'ing off whichever member of staff has just strapped themselves into a car they're about to move/take out. A sharp thump to the scuttle is usually enough to trip the switch and require removal of the bonnet/reset (usually whilst the perpetrator legs it, cackling)

Glad to hear it was so easily resolved *thumbup*

Darren E

Website and Emerald maps library

Superlight R #54