Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Toyo R888

peewee7

Chris,

Don't quote me on this but think from Caterham the standard road set up is 185/70R13. I only say this because in my build manual under section 2 it says that for 13" wheels they state 70 profile tyres only and go on to say for competition use they suggest 60 profile but due to the reduced ground clearance they cannot recommend for road use.

My manual is from 1994 so whether things have changed or not I don't know. What year is your car?

Although I have no direct experience of 70 profile tyres many say the ride comfort is better but for ultimate performance 60 is the only way to go. Also many say that 70 profile looks out of proportion, like balloon tyres, though I quite like the look, fills the arches a bit more.

Funnily enough, this weekend I am picking up a set of 13's with near worn out A021's on which are 70 profile - think I will give them a quick go before putiing the R888's on.

Toyo don't make the R888 in 185/70, only 185/60 - I say just go for them!

Dave

Well I guess that depends on how you have your car set up...or if you have a X flow 😬

I think there was some local guy that had to watch out for cats eyes (but I'm sure that was just a story he liked to tell!)

I can't say I have had any problems running 13's on 60 profile.

Just a quick note to say what excellent next day supply service I got from Simply Tyres for my new R888's. We had a slight mix up as 2 tyres supplied were of the wrong compound but they were replaced within 24 hours without a quibble *thumbup*

Now I just have to find the time to fit and test them..........