Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Anybody got their bluebook handy?

Alex Wong1697456877

Thanks.

I know I'm being a whining git, but why were ACB10's banned????

The Toyo's and Kumho's are probably just as good and are cheaper so people could have gone for these to save money leaving those of us with x-ply setups to have to pay for no significant benefit. I have a set of ACB10's which I'll burn up on a trackday but now if I want to play, I have to set the car up with different cambers for Sprints and then return to my old settings for trackdays. *mad*

Anyway, I'll shut up and go and buy some tyres. Can't see myself changing de-dion ears and front cambers though, so that's my excuse for being slow! *smile*

Alex

Why not use your ACB10's in class 6 at Curborough just like DaveyBee will be doing that way you can keep your car as it is.

In respect of radial slicks I bought some from Avon last year and they now cost over £600 so when then wear out I will be replacing them with medium compound Kuhmo's which Simon Roger's has been using and he is very pleased with them. This way the set up remains the same and they cost less than half of a set of slicks.

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*

Mark,

Come on.... you know the class 6 option is a pointless one Either no one is in class 6 and it's dull, or somebody will enter with a zillion BHP and proper sprint slicks making it pointless me being there with my crappy car and ACB10's. *tongue*

I agree that going to an all radial setup is the solution, but I have 2 full sets of cross ply slicks to get through first.

Also, it seems pretty hard to get R888's in SG compound, or Kumho V70A's in soft - both are apparently all sold out!

I'm looking at maybe Dunlop tyres now but they will be a shot in the dark.

Thanks for all the hard work Mark. I'm just procrastinating but I know the reality is that I'm unlikely to be competitive through being simply not skilled enough! 😬

Alex

My thoughts are why not come along and use what you have got, compare your results to us in Class 5, dish out the banter and enjoy your car. Once you have the bug back get your car ready over the winter and place order for new tyres in the spring in preparation for the the start of the 2008 season.

If your times at Curborough are not what they used to be I'm sure it will be down to the old ACB10's and not the driver 😬

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*