Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Windscreen V aeroscreen

pie_boy69

I have just got a new seven and this one has a screen fitted but has only got half doors and the end result is to much wind buffeting.

I would like to know how well the aeroscreen JPE, R500 work and do they push the air up high enough, the windshield makes my sunglasses come of at anything over 120MPH, I have no seat in my car so I sit fairley low down but my pasengers are quite often tall, The other thing is how well do the sheet metal holes fill over in that do you have to tig or glue plats on the under sire to get the filler to stick when covering up the wiper holes.

Last thing where is the cheapest place to get one from.

Keith Pickering

superlight T7 KCP

Keith,

The buffetting will almost vanish once you get rid of the windscreen. I've been using aeros for a few years now, and they are great. They do push most stuff over your head (adjust the angle to suite yourself), but stones, large insects etc can still hurt. You need good eye protection, a full face helmet is ideal when the weather gets a bit cool or it rains/hails/snows. Passengers learn to keep their heads down PDQ.

Plus you get an increase in top speed, but you need to use your brakes a bit more.

Hi Keith. What car do you end up getting then.

Go on get rid of the screen. I've lost mine and now won't go back.

You could try what I did and fit a pair of Caterham wind deflector's upside-down on the panel. Works a treat, costs about nothing and you can always put the screen back on in the winter. As for covering up the holes? Either change the panel or just leave the wipers in. And you get used to the wind (lost my baseball cap at about 125 ish on the mullsane straight,but kept the shades).

PS what do you think of the half doors ? I'm looking to get a set.

Hi Keith. What car do you end up getting then.

Go on get rid of the screen. I've lost mine and now won't go back.

You could try what I did and fit a pair of Caterham wind deflector's upside-down on the panel. Works a treat, costs about nothing and you can always put the screen back on in the winter. As for covering up the holes? Either change the panel or just leave the wipers in. And you get used to the wind (lost my baseball cap at about 125 ish on the mullsane straight,but kept the shades).

PS what do you think of the half doors ? I'm looking to get a set.

Congrats on the promotion Chris. You're right about Shaz - claims I've "Wife Proofed" the beastie (she can't reach the pedals either), but I think it's far more comfortable than it was (for me smile.gif).

I've left my wiper motor in place, but pulled the blades off the splines. I'll probably get rid of the whole mechanism at some point but it ain't top priority (yet).

I purchase my Brooklands from Caterhams, along with the bar which suppports them. Can't remember exact costs but I think about £200 for the lot...

Steve I got a 99 superlight 1.6 in bright yellow and raw carbon.

Go's a treat got it out here in Belgium at the mo.

As far as the screen is I think I'll go for the factory black one as thiswill set the car of better.

How much hassle to replace a pannel and how much.

Keith Pickering

superlight T7 KCP

Steve I got a 99 superlight 1.6 in bright yellow and raw carbon.

Go's a treat got it out here in Belgium at the mo.

As far as the screen is I think I'll go for the factory black one as thiswill set the car of better.

How much hassle to replace a pannel and how much.

Keith Pickering

superlight T7 KCP

Keith - if you bought a "Superlight" why did you get a windscreen? that makes a "Superheavy" if you ask me.... ;-) I have a 2000 superlight with clear JPE screen - the black one is strictly for looking good. I sit very low in the car so need to be able to see through it, and as such the wind gets deflected pretty much over me. I've driven in wind, rain etc (crash helmet is very good for this), but I hit a rather large bee last week, sans lid, which was mildly painful. Particularly as the last thing that went through its mind seems to have been its sting......

Cheers will