Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Removing Super Glue from caterham wing

Mcalvert

• Leadership Team

Bear with me please - there is a reasonable explanation!

When I changed my rear wings a year or so ago, I managed to remove the old 1990s rectangular "Caterham Cars" metal badges and super-glued them onto the rear of my new wings.

This weekend at Loton park, I had a bit of a "moment" which involved the rear wing kissing the tyre barrier. Anmazingly - there was no damage to the wing (just some tell-tale tyre marks) but the wing must have just distorted enough in the impact for the badge to fly off and be lost.

They badges are no longer available from Caterham as far as I can see, so I am left with the residue of superglue to try to get rid of. Google seems to indicate that acetome is the way to go, (nail polish remover?) Does anyone know if this is likely to damage the gel coat?

Thanks - Michael.

Gel coat is pretty hardy stuff so you could give it a go. Personally I'd use a fine grade wet-n-dry with plenty of water then polish it up with T-Cut (the actual cutting stuff not the regular polish)

Rob

Michael,

There is a very good model shop I used to use that is on the A4 just outside Slough on the Maidenhead side. They should have some of this stuff.

Give me a call and I can tell you where it is. Glad to hear URF is still ok. *thumbup*

Brent

2.3 DURATEC SV Reassuringly Expensive

R 417.39 😬

Edited by - Brent Chiswick on 30 Jul 2007 23:16:58

That model shop is in that small retail park of shops just after the roundabout at the 'end' of Slough on the way to Maidenhead - on the right hand side as you drive west...

If you do use wet n' dry, use a small wooden block (or cork) so you don't just round off the 'edges' of the dried glue, IYSWIM!

www.mycaterham.com

here

Videos

here

101,000 miles car

• Leadership Team

Thanks all - I had no idea that such a product existed *thumbup* Looks like I can order it easily from ebay and even avoid a trip to the shops!

Cheers. Michael.