Click here if you are having website access problems ×

R400 - Maybe

Simondann111s

Testing the water really. Due to a marital split I may have to sell the R400, it would certainly be the sensible thing to do though in theory I may not have to.

How much interest would there be in a 2003 R400 race car. The car was never raced as the original owner lost his sponsor, instead it was SVA'd in April 2004 and road registered in September (54 plate). It is fully road legal with all the right bits. the only through back to the race car origin is that the hand brake is mounted under the dash. I've spent a bl**dy fortune on it, and having only done 4 trackdays I'll be sick to see it go. May accept a standard superlight in part ex, doesn't need to be road legal.

It's still got all the race goodies and a new SLR cage, dropped floor (drivers side only), new road legal Stack dash with fuel gauge and odometer and a new carbon airbox (the Caterham one)

The cars done minimal mileage – 767 since the new dash was fitted and a reported 1500 prior to that, although I can’t guarantee it, it’s just what I was told when I bought the car.

Recently, along with the items indicated above, the cars had a top end rebuild following HGF. The head was pitted (I think because it'd been standing for so long) so it was returned to Minister who welded and skimmed it. All the work and maintenance has been done by Caterham approved Fauldsport.

What’s it worth then? £20K? Given that Caterham are selling (albeit highly polished examples) for up to £27K with higher (validated) mileage!

Edited by - simondann111s on 29 Jul 2007 22:37:22

Edited by - simondann111s on 29 Jul 2007 23:09:21